Chapter 18 - Hidden

A year later.

Eleanor's POV

After taking a shower, I put on a gray blouse and denim jeans. I smiled as I heard a baby cry coming from the nursery room.

"My little prince is awake." I cooed, smiling as I walked in.

I took him in my arms and kissed his head, stroking his brown hair. He leaned his head against my chest as he stopped crying.

"Are you hungry, my love?" I cooed him and breathed in his scent.

"Ma...ma...ma." He babbled while playing my "R" initial pendant necklace.

It was Jane's gift when my little boy, Romeo was born. I never took it off. It was so precious for me.

After breastfeeding Romeo, I placed him beside his toys. Then I went to make breakfast for myself.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone. It was Jane.

"Hi. How is my little handsome?" Jane asked cheerfully as soon as I picked up.

"Hi. He is fine. Playing with his toys." I replied, smiling.

"I missed him and my best friend. When will you return?" Jane scowled.

I took a deep sigh and sat down on the couch.

"I don't know." I mumbled.

Jane sighed. "You should forget him, Ellie." She stated sadly.

I bit my lower lip. "Jane, I forgot him. He is in the past." I murmured, looking at my son.

How could I forget him when my son resembled his father?! As my boy got older, he looked like his father more. Romeo was his father's carbon copy. Every time when I looked at my son, he reminded me about Asher. As much as I tried to forget Asher and hate him, I was not successful at it.

"Really?!" She mocked. "What is your son's middle name?" She asked sarcastically. "Asher." She added, annoyed. "I don't understand why you named your son after Asher after what he had done to you?!" She commented angrily.

I ran my hand through my hair, looking at my little boy who was playing with his toys.

"It is their family tradition, Jane. I wanted to continue it. Asher's middle name is the same with his father's name." I paused. "If we were together..." I sighed sadly. "His middle name was going to be Asher." I said gloomily.

"Oh...Ellie." Jane sighed. "Ok, but you can not stay there all your life. Your family, your company, your life are here." She said.

"I know, but now I can not. If Asher sees Romeo, he will understand that Romeo is his son. You know how much Romeo looks like him. Moreover, if paparazzi find out that we have a son, it will get worse." I said, depressed.

"I know, but how long will you hide Romeo? He will find out eventually." Jane commented.

I breathed in deeply. "I will keep my son away from him and that country as much as possible. I need to protect my son. Even if I have to stay away from New York, I will." I stated firmly.

Asher's POV

It had been a year without her. I searched Eleanor, but I couldn't find her anywhere. She disappeared like a ghost.

Does she have a boyfriend? No, she doesn't. Or... No, she could not forget me so easily.

But it had been a year. Maybe she gave someone a chance.

No. No.

Thinking of her with another man made me mad. I clenched my fist and looked at her photo on my desk. I placed her photos everywhere: in my office, in my penthouse. There were three large photos of hers hanging on the wall in my study room in the penthouse.