Chapter 17 - Falling apart

Asher's POV

I had to talk to her and tell her that I wanted this baby too before it got too late. I grabbed my phone and called her.

Fuck!

Her phone was turned off. I grabbed my keys and rushed out. I got in my car and started the car. I went to her penthouse. I knocked on the door, but no one opened the door. I opened the door with a spare key Eleanor had given me, but when I walked in, she wasn't home.

Damn it!

I ran my hand through my hair anxiously.

Where the hell are you, Ellie? Please, don't be there where I think. Please.

I needed to find her.

Think. Think.

I was pacing back and forth while thinking.

Her friend. Jane. Yes, why didn't I think about her before?!

I left Eleanor's penthouse. On the way, I called my security guard, Jason and asked him to find Jane's address immediately.

I got out of my car as soon as I parked my car in front of her house. I rushed towards the door and knocked on the door.

Please, Ellie, be here.

When Jane opened the door, she looked at me in surprise. Then she gave me a death glare and tried to close the door, but I stopped her by my foot before she could close it.

"I need to talk to Eleanor." I informed desperately.

"What will you say now, you bastard?!" She barked, frustrated. "Because of you, she will suffer all of her life. You forced her into this decision that she is going to regret all of her life." She said bitterly, giving me a disgusted look.

"What?! Where did she go?" I snapped in panic.

"To carry out your order." She replied sarcastically.

"Fuck!" I ran my hand through my hair. "Which hospital?" I asked.

She gave me a confused look. "Why do you ask? For being sure? Don't worry. As much as I tried to make her change her mind, she didn't listen to me. This morning, she had snuck out before I woke up. I called her, but she turned off her phone." She informed, giving me a death glare.

I ran my hand through my hair, closing my eyes, cursing under my breath.

"I have to stop her before she does it." I said.

She gave me a confused look. "Finally, you came to your senses." She commented in a sarcastic tone.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed and rushed to my car, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I called Jason and ordered him to track Eleanor's phone.

I was going to the hospital where Jason had told me Eleanor was. But I got stuck in a traffic jam. I honked the horn again and again.

"Fuck! Move that shitbox out of my way!" I shouted, frustrated.

Finally, I arrived at the hospital. I got out of my car and rushed inside. I stopped when I saw Eleanor coming towards me in the hallway while staring down. Her face was pale, and she had dark circles under her eyes. She looked exhausted and sad.

No! No! No!

I ran towards her. When she saw me, her eyes widened in shock.

"Did...you...?" I mumbled, looking into her eyes.

Please, say you changed your mind, and you didn't get an abortion.

"Yeah.... Don't worry. We don't get in your way anymore. You can continue your life. No one will disturb your life." She replied with a mixture of bitterness and sadness in her voice.