Chapter 25 - Mr. Don't mess up with me

Asher's POV

"Yes, sir....And I see her with this baby almost every day. She drops him at her parents' mansion and picks him up after work every day. I wanted to be sure before informing you, sir." He paused and sighed. "I think your suspicion is true."

I was staring at Felix, frozen. I gathered myself and muttered. "Send me the location."

"What happened? You look...odd." Felix asked, giving me a questioning look.

"It seems I am getting my answer tonight." I mumbled.

I stopped my car in front of the hospital. I felt so nervous. As soon as I walked in, Jason greeted me.

"Sir, her parents arrived a few minutes ago." He informed. I nodded.

I was getting sure that Romeo was my son.

When she saw me, her eyes widened in shock. I placed my hands into my pockets and approached her. I was furious. I couldn't stop myself from being angry at her.

How could she keep my son away from me a secret? Yeah, I was a coward, but still I couldn't control my anger.

"What..."

"Why are you here with Romeo?" I cut her off, plunging my piercing eyes into hers.

She bit her lower lip, averting my gaze.

"....His parents are abroad. Jane and I take care of him. They will come back next week." She mumbled nervously.

I looked at her, unconvinced. She was lying. I knew her very well. When she lied and hid something, she always averted her gaze, biting her lower lip nervously.

"What do you do here? Are you following me?" She snapped.

"Yes." I replied firmly, looking into her eyes.

She opened and closed her mouth without managing to say anything. She clenched her fist, looking at me angrily.

"Where is Jane then? Should she not be here considering it is her cousin's son?" I asked mockingly, emphasizing the words her cousin's son.

"I can not reach her. She turned off her phone. She went on a date with her boyfriend. I was taking care of Romeo tonight." She responded, trying to be indifferent. "Romeo felt uncomfortable. When I noticed he had a fever, I brought him here." She said, worried and looked at the room where Romeo was.

"Is he okay?" I asked, concerned.

"I don't know. The doctor is checking him." She replied anxiously and folded her arms over her chest.