Chapter 15 - Fear

Eleanor's POV

Her eyes widened as she looked at me, frozen.

"Umm..." She mumbled. "Let's talk inside." She said and let me in.

I sat down on the couch, biting my lower lip nervously.

Jane sat in the armchair beside the couch and cleared her throat.

"Weren't you on pills?" She asked.

"Yes, but when we broke up, I stopped taking them. Then when he came..." I breathed deeply and continued. "I caught in the moment and forgot to warn him."

"Did you do a test?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. I am scared, Jane." I confessed and covered my face with my hands.

"Ok. Calm down, Ellie." She said and sat beside me on the couch.

She hugged me. I hugged her back.

"What will I do if I am..." I muttered, depressed as I pulled back and looked at my belly. "...pregnant?"

"Calm down. We are not sure. Firstly, let's find if there is a little human or not in your belly." She said, giving me a warm smile. I nodded.

I was waiting for Jane. She went to buy a pregnancy test for me. I looked at my belly, biting my lower lip nervously. I moved my hand towards my belly. I sighed and pulled my away. I stood up and started pacing back and forth nervously.

Jane walked in and shook the test in her hand as she said. "I got it. Come on. Do it." She gave me the test. I nodded and took it.

I was leaning against the sink counter while waiting for the result. I was biting my nails nervously. My heart tightened. It felt like I couldn't breathe. There was a knot formed in my throat.

I breathed in deeply and took the stick with my shaking hands. I took a deep breath and looked at the stick.

Two lines. I am pregnant.

I placed my hand on the sink counter for support as I felt dizzy, still staring at the two lines on the stick. Tears fell down my cheeks.

"Ellie?" Jane asked, knocking on the door.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand and opened the door.

As soon as I opened the door, Jane asked in curiosity. "And?"

"Positive." I mumbled and showed her the stick.

"Oh my..." She gasped, looking at the stick.

"I don't know who will freak out more: Asher or my father?" I commented, depressed. "My father is already angry at me for my relationship with Asher. If he knows..."

"He got you pregnant...." She cut me off, giving me an amused smile and added. "He will kill your handsome Greek god."

I nodded. "Yeah." I said and ruffled my hair.

"Ellie, calm down for heaven's sake. Especially in your state. It is bad for a baby." Jane stated and pointed to my belly.

"Baby. I am having a freaking baby. Oh my goodness. How will I tell Asher?" I said, devastated and sat down on the couch.

"That mister had to think about it before having sex. So he has no rights to freak out about the conclusion." Jane commented, placing her hands on her hips.

"He thought I was on pills, but when he came to my home, everything happened fast." I explained, waving my hands in the air.

"Yes. But even if you took them, there was a chance that you could get pregnant." She reminded.

I held my head between my hands as I placed the stick on the centre table in front of me.

I stood up and started pacing back and forth.

"Ellie! I will not warn you again. Calm down." She grabbed my arms, stopping me. "Breathe deeply with me." She demanded. I obeyed and breathed deeply, trying to calm down.

"Go to that fucking sexy enemy of yours and tell him that he is going to be a father." She demanded.

"Now?" I asked, horrified.

She sighed and replied. "Now. I think it will be more shocking when you inform him with a baby in your arms. We don't want to lose one of the gorgeous playboys on earth, do we?" She said sarcastically.

I nodded, biting my lower lip and took the test. I grabbed my bag and left.

I called Asher and told him that I was waiting for him at Central Park. I was sitting on the bench when a woman with a pram sat beside me. There was a little girl in the pram, looking at me while playing with her teddy bear. She was so cute. I couldn't hold myself and smiled at her.

"Ellie?"

I looked at Asher and stood up

I looked at Asher and stood up. He gave me a boyish smile. As soon as I approached him, he kissed my lips and hugged me. I hugged him back, breathing in his masculine scent. He pulled back and held my hand as we started strolling.

"You don't look fine. Was your father harsh? What did he tell?" He asked anxiously.

I shrugged my shoulders with a reckless expression and replied. "In short, you are not in his good book."

"Why am I not surprised?!" He said, shaking his head and forced a smile. But I noticed sadness in his eyes. "I am one of the men whose girl fathers' warn their daughters to stay away." He added sadly.

"Ash." I mumbled and stopped walking. He stopped, giving me an intrigued look. I held his hand in my hands as I informed. "I love you, Ash. If my father approves our relationship or not, it doesn't matter. Yes, I would be happy if he approved our relationship, but...." I shrugged my shoulders and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

He smiled and stroked my cheek affectionately. "I love you so much, Juliet."

I smiled happily and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and placed a soft kiss on my hair.

I pulled back, biting my lower lip nervously and asked. "And your father....?"

He sighed. "For now, he doesn't intervene. Maybe, he doesn't believe that I can fall in love." He replied, giving me a sarcastic smirk. "But even if he doesn't give permission, it doesn't matter. I am a grown man, and I can make my own decisions." He added firmly.

I folded my arms over my chest, watching the playing children. Asher wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arm around his waist, leaning against him.

I bit my lower lip nervously and asked. "Do you want a child?" I pulled back and looked into his eyes. He looked at me, puzzled.