5• Drunk

Firstly Thank you StarsAndFireflies_ for this beautiful cover.

****
I am holding Manik's hand and walking on this road in the middle of the night amidst the sky full of stars.

"How romantic?" You must be thinking. But it isn't as you think. I am holding his hand to stabilize him. If I leave it he keeps on stumbling every single second.

I am walking on this road because I have no other option. Why? Because Cabir and Alya came in bike and they were totally drunk so Dhruv and Mukti had to go drop them.

Okay you must be thinking, Manik's car is still there. But no thanks I don't know how to drive and in this drunken state I can't let him drive.

And it's so frustrating I can't even see a single cab or bus in this road. And the worst of all Manik is continuously babbling about how much he hates me.

"I hate ya thissss-" He stretched his right hand up in the air and struggled to free his left hand from my hold but I held it tighter and he huffed, pouting angrily. And he looked cute.

"I hate ya veryyy much." He said as he stopped his footsteps.

"Now what?" I asked.

"I am not coming with ya." He said with anger on the tip of his nose. But he rather looked cute. I just wanted to pull his cheeks.

"Manik please let's go home."

Just like a little kid he shook his head in 'no'. I tried pulling him and I couldn't even move him. "Manik please." I requested but he was adamant to not come with me.

"Okay fine then I have to go alone. And in the middle of this scary night if something happens to me then you will be responsible for it." I said, pretending to be sad. I turned around to leave. Wow I can't believe I am putting on such an act. I had just walked a few steps when he stopped me.

"H-h-h-heeeeey! Wheeere do ya think yeeeer going?"

"Home." I turned around and replied with an innocent smile.

Manik walked forward but he stumbled and eventually ended up grabbing my shoulder for support. A shiver ran down my spine, making my heartbeat skip.

Why do I feel so with him? Gosh I must be going mad.

He clung to me, just a few inches gap between us. "You can't go alone."

"Why?"

Manik leaned over to talk in my ear and it gave me this jittery feeling. However he did not trouble to lower his voice much. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "Because you need me." He looked at me and smiled.

Holding my hand he walked. I looked at him as he kept babbling. He wasn't even aware his words made my heart skip. 

Do I really need him? Hell no.

I again looked at him who had been smiling sheepishly. That smile which was different than the usual ones. He looked carefree and innocent.

"Do you know I love this stars?" He said, looking at the stars. "This shining stars." The glint of sparkle in his eyes and the excitement in his voice didn't go unnoticed by me.

He babbled a lot but I didn't get more than half of what he said. However some small details did click my mind.

I can't believe this monster is actually scared of cockroach? Strange. The one who scares others is scared of something as tiny as a cockroach.

After walking for about an hour with his continuous blabbering, we reached his apartment. I know his address. How couldn't I after all he is my so called soon to be husband. And I need to keep a close eye on everything that he does. Just kidding.

Mukti had told me the address. I opened the door of his apartment. "Nan..dii..nii.. what kind of a name is this?" He said the same thing for the fifth time in the past ten minutes.

Ignoring his talks I held his hand and dragged him to the sofa. I made him sit but being the monster, how could he obey me? He again got up. I forcefully made him sit once again and he again got up.

I was tired and sleepy and I had to go back home. And moreover his behaviour was irking me. "Manik sit down quietly." I scolded and like a child he immediately kept a finger on lips and sat down.

I turned around and he again got up. I stomped my foot in irritation and sighed in frustration. I myself sat down on the couch in anger.

A moment later he too sat down. "You are angry?" He said in a cute tone but I didn't react. "Sorry." Did I hear it correct?

I turned towards him to see him holding his ears. Gosh he looked so cute. When he is drunk, he acts so cute. "It's okay." I said and he smiled widely.

I then went to the kitchen and made a lime juice for him. But when I returned he wasn't there. Where did he go?

I looked around but he wasn't there. Placing the lime water on the table I checked the other room which was his bedroom and he wasn't there either. But then I heard some sound from the balcony.

I moved towards the balcony only to see him sitting on the small couch and counting stars.

"Thirteen.. Fourteen-"

"Manik." I called him and he made a bad face.

"I forgot the counting because of you."

I am not letting him drink next time at least not in front of me.

Sighing I sat beside him. The night sky looked beautiful from the balcony. Staring at the sky I didn't even realize when I leaned on his shoulder and fell asleep. Not long after he too fell asleep with his head on top of mine.

In sleep thinking him to be my teddy I wrapped my arms around him and he pulled me closer.

This was how it all started..with his warm embrace.

***
I know this isn't up to mark. Sorry for that.
And just be ready to be a part of their wedding.