18• She is cute

She was sandwiched between me and the wall, looking ever so innocent with her eyes close and her lips slightly parted. Her lips were inviting and it would be a lie if I said I didn't want to claim it.

I slowly traced my fingers down her cheek, and looked at her. The whole afternoon I had been looking at her while she laughed and made those cute expressions.

I don't know how but I had slowly started liking her. I don't know my actual feelings towards her. In fact I myself am curious about my feelings but I know for sure I do like her.

Tracing my fingers down her jawline, I smiled as she didn't push me back. I pecked her cheek ever so lightly. Don't ask me why?

"Let's take it slow." I whispered softly and stepped back. She opened her eyes in a jiffy and for a second I knew she was confused with what I meant but the red hue on her cheeks made me smile wider.

I came to the room and started working in the laptop. Sigh! I had a whole pile of unread emails to deal with.

Five minutes later she entered inside and I could hear her mumbling curses. She sure is a time bomb but only my time bomb.

My eyes were fixed to the laptop screen but I knew she had been shooting glares at me. I looked up from the screen and still I found her rather cute and tempting, with that cute little anger on the tip of her nose.

She is driving me crazy.

"I know I am handsome but that doesn't mean you need to stare at me."

She huffed in anger and stomped her foot. "Handsome. My foot."

She came towards the bed and laid down on her side. She glared at me one last time before turning to the other side. Time bomb.

Okay I couldn't focus on work anymore.

I placed the laptop aside and laid down beside her. I slowly pulled the blanket towards my side to annoy her. I heard her sigh before she too pulled the blanket towards her side.

I didn't give up. I pulled it again and she too did the same. It seemed as if we were having a blanket tug of war.

At one point, I pulled the blanket with full force and right then she left the blanket, resulting me to fall down from the bed.

"Aaaahhh." My head banged on the floor and it hurt. I glared at her and she had been laughing.

"This is what you get for messing with me." She rolled her eyes at me, before taking the blanket.

I glared at her but she simply ignored me and laid down on her side. I don't know how does she manages be cute as well as annoying at the same time?

I didn't even realize when my lips curved into a small smile.

Next morning

The sun rays peeped through the window, disturbing my ever so peaceful sleep. I gently opened my eyes and it took me a few seconds to adjust to the sunlight.

Yawning, I got out of the bed, only to realise the room was empty. She wasn't there.

7:00 am.

How did she get up early today? From my observation of whole week, I know for sure she isn't an early morning person.

I checked the other rooms and all rooms were empty. "Where did she go?"

I checked my phone but there wasn't any messages from her.

Should I call her? Nah.

She must have gone for a walk.

Thinking that, I went to freshen up and got ready for office. I entered the kitchen and looked for something to eat. Right then I noticed a sticky note on the refrigerator.

"The breakfast is on the table. Heat it before eating. And don't get the wrong idea. I just didn't have more appetite today so I couldn't finish the food I made. Anyway take it as my kindness."

I chuckled at her lines. She sure knows how to be cute. Finishing my breakfast I left for office.

"Where are you?" I texted her as I entered the office. The staffs greeted me formally but my eyes were stick to my phone screen.

One minute passed by and she still hadn't seen my message. Huff What is she doing?

"Where are you?" I again texted. Minutes passed by and yet she hadn't seen my text. Why does she even carries a phone?

"Sir." My P.A, Jeff's voice broke my trance. "You have to attend a meeting right now." She reminded.

I nodded, my eyes still fixed to the phone screen. I heaved a slow breath and strengthen up a bit before making my way towards the conference hall.

One hour passed by and my meeting ended. I checked my phone for the eighth time in an hour. This is rare. I never was desperate for someone's reply. Alas! she hadn't even seen the message yet.

I called her numerous times but she didn't pick up.

"What is she doing?" I was getting irked and annoyed every passing second.

"Sir I am just standing." Jeff said with confusion written all over her face.

"It wasn't for you." I composed myself a bit. Manik this is office. Calm down. "Bring me the files of last month's transactions." I ordered, stuffing my phone in my pocket.

Manik Malhotra she isn't a kid. She will be fine. So  focus on your work.

I opened the files and started looking through the accounts but I zoned out yet again.

Enough is enough.

"Jeff I am texting you a phone number, tap the location of it right away." I ordered as I texted her Nandini's number.

Within ten minutes Jeff tapped her location. "City Hospital."

She didn't even think of telling me once that she joined back her work. I was annoyed but more than that I longed to see her.