32• Love is in the moments

I walked out of the hospital, totally exhausted. Looking at my watch with my baggy eyes, I smiled. Finally I would be able to see him.

I looked around for a cab and that was when someone covered my eyes from behind me. I inhaled his familiar scent and a smile played on my lips.

"Manik."

"How did you know?" He said as he uncovered my eyes and I turned around to look at him.

"How won't I know? After all I know your exact scent and your touch feels very familiar." I said as I looked at him, smiling widely. Finally I could see him.

I came on my tiptoes and instantly threw my hands around his shoulder, hugging him tightly. He too held me tightly. I could feel his heart beat and I bet he could feel mine too.

 I could feel his heart beat and I bet he could feel mine too

"I missed you." He whispered.

"I missed you too." I whispered back. After a few moments of heavenly feeling, he broke the hug. "Let's go home." He said, looking at me ever so lovingly as he held my hand.

We made our way to the car and in about half an hour we were home.

"I am still angry with you. Like you didn't even call me for once." I complained as I entered our room. "You should have-" My words died in my throat when he all of a sudden back hugged me. I breathed out slowly, melting in his arms instantly.

"I am sorry." He whispered in my ears, sending jolts of current down my spine. He slowly shifted my hair to the left and planted a soft kiss on my shoulder blade.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I could feel my heart beat increasing as his lips lingered on my shoulder for a while and my eyes automatically shut close.

He pulled away and leaned closer to me, inhaling in my scent

"Did you eat?" I asked as I slowly turned around to face him and he nodded his head in 'no'.