Tsunade Retrieval

Jiraiya wasn't exactly thrilled about letting the Uchiha brat come for the mission to get Tsunade, especially after Kakashi told him about his unhealthy interest in his godson, but he didn't have a choice.

When the Uchiha had found out that Naruto was going on the mission, he had the gall to come to him and demand to take him too, saying that he didn't trust Jiraiya alone with Naruto, given his reputation as a pervert; which was outrageous since Jiraiya liked mature women, not little boys, especially not his godson. But refusing would be almost as good as accepting the label of pedophile, so he had to let the Uchiha come too.

Granted he had proven himself quite capable on the trip. He had somehow managed to protect Naruto from his S rank missing nin brother and his S rank partner, long enough for Jiraiya to arrive. He helped Naruto get in touch with the Kyuubi in order to harness its power.

And hadn't that been a heartfelt moment, the Uchiha telling Naruto that he knew about his burden and didn't think any differently of him. The resultant hug had Jiraiya torn between protecting his godson's innocence and taking out his notebook and writing down the plot for icha-icha yaoi.

(He took out his notebook in the end. He had a duty as a writer to provide the best for his fans and it wasn't like Naruto was going to remain innocent for long.)

Now, after days of searching they had finally found Tsunade in Tanazuka-Gai.

Entering the bar with his two tag-alongs, Jiraiya made his way over to Tsunade's table and greeted them, earning a scowl from her.

"Tsunade. It's been a long time." He greeted.

"Not long enough." Tsunade replied, as they slid into the bench opposite to her.

"Not long enough. She replied, drinking deeply from her cup." Why is that today is the day that both of my idiot teammates decide to visit me?"

"Orochimaru is here? What did he want?"

"Nothing important. What do you want?"

"I have some good news for you. You've been nominated as the Godaime Hokage of Konoha." He announced with flair.

"Impossible. I refuse. Anyone who takes the job dies. And I'm enjoying life." She replied, as predicted.

Naruto looked ready to burst into a speech about disrespecting the Hokage, as he was interrupted by his dark haired teammate.

"Itachi wanted to become Hokage. He used to tell me that he would work for attaining peace between the elemental countries, if he became Hokage. Do you you think he would made it, if he had... you know, not gone crazy?"

Jiraiya gaped at the Uchiha for a moment, before catching on and replying," I think so, kid. He was definitely on sensei's shortlist."

Tsunade squinted at the brat. "You are that last Uchiha brat, aren't you?"

"Second last, technically." he said, dryly.

This was followed by a stare off between the two. Jiraiya could practically hear the thoughts going through Tsunade's head.

Sasuke had lost much more than she had, in a single night, when he wasn't even a Shinobi. And yet, not only he was serving Konoha as a dutiful ninja, he was also able to overcome his grief enough to casually talk about the murderer of his clan. While Tsunade, who was a veteran ninja, drank and gambled and wasted her life away, alongside harboring crippling hemophobia.

As added bonus, the brat was an Uchiha, the ancient rivals of Tsunade's clan.

The kid really was a pro at manipulation.

"All right. I'll accept the position." Tsunade said, grudgingly. "Let's get Shizune, then we'll leave. Screw Orochimaru."