The Interim Hokage

Kakashi didn't understand what he'd done to deserve such treatment. Not only had Tsunade made him the interim Hokage during her absence, Naruto had somehow gotten himself possessed by some vengeful spirit and made it his life's mission to make Kakashi miserable. The pranks Naruto used to pull during his academy years had nothing on the sheer ingenuity he displayed now. The entire Hokage building now smelled of cats, a graffiti of Kakashi's face had appeared on the Hokage mountain next to Tsunade, which was resistant to any form of cleaning, Kakashi's precious Icha Icha were replaced by books on punctuality and time management.

At least he was better off than Jiraiya. Somehow, the nuns of fire temple had gotten wind of Jiraiya's self proclaimed title of super pervert and had descended en masse to help him understand the virtues of chastity and celibacy. The seals they had managed to put on him worked far better than any chastity belt. Kakashi never thought that seal master Jiraiya would be stumped by a mere civilian's seal, yet here he was.

Their predicament apparently served as a source of amusement for the newest academy teacher and Kakashi's former kohai.

"I'm sure Naruto-kun would forgive you if you apologise, senpai." The long haired Uchiha commented with a straight face. His eyes, however, betrayed his mirth.

"Apologise for what, exactly?" He returned to the village just two weeks ago. I don't remember anything I could have done to set off this level of vengeance."

"Can you think of nothing?" Itachi urged.

Kakashi's mind went to the "thousand years of death" he had performed on Naruto during the bell test, then promptly discarded the idea. Naruto wasn't the type to serve the revenge dish cold.

He refocused on Itachi and noticed his now serious eyes.

"You know." Kakashi accused.

The Uchiha sighed. "Sasuke told me prior to leaving. Tsunade-sama told Naruto-kun about his parentage." He confessed.

Kakashi blinked. The next moment found him in fron of the memorial stone.

He had disillusioned himself over the years with the fact that Naruto was completely unaware of his parentage. He wasn't aware that Kakashi had essentially abandoned him. It didn't matter that he was a grieving teenager or Sandaime's orders prevented him from approaching Naruto, they were excuses. Now that he knew of the reason for his torment, he realised he wasn't being punished enough.

He didn't know how long he sat in front of the memorial stone, looking at Minato-sensei's name, when a voice called out. "Sensei"

"Naruto." Kakashi answered, because who else would it be with that massive chakra signature.

"Itachi-san told me you were brooding." The brat informed him. "Which is totally unfair when I'm working so hard to come up with such awesome pranks for  you, dattebayo." He whined.

Kakashi glanced at him with incredulity. "Aren't you supposed to be furious with me?"

Naruto scoffed. "You know that's not my style, sensei. I know your reasons and the fact that you are here now, no matter how late, matter a lot to me. In fact, if it upsets you so much, I won't even prank you anymore."

"What about Jiraiya?" Kakashi couldn't help but ask, concerned about the source of his precious Icha Icha.

At that Naruto's grin turned turned borderline evil. Kakashi gulped. "Well, he was actually named my godfather by my parents, ya know. And I haven't even got back at him for writing that book about Sasuke and me. He's going to enjoy Ariko-sama's hospitality a little longer."

Kakashi sighed. It looked like his favourite author wouldn't be writing more books any time soon.

Wait!!!! What did Naruto mean by Icha Icha yaoi being about him and Sasuke???