Training Trip

Sasuke was brooding. Naruto had just informed team 7 that he would be going on a three year long training trip with Jiraiya. Sasuke couldn't believe how stupid he had been, thinking that him not going to Orochimaru would somehow keep Naruto in Konoha. Naruto had left Konoha because of the threat of Akatsuki, not because Sasuke went to Orochimaru.

And this time his attention would not be on Sasuke or how to get him back. Perhaps he could run off to....... Nah, not worth it.

Jiraiya wouldn't allow him to tag along this time.

Maybe he could try some other way to keep Naruto's  attention on him for the next three years.

He went with Kakashi and Sakura to see Naruto off at the gates. He was there, standing beside Jiraiya, looking stupidly short in his oversized orange jumpsuit.

Sakura gave him a hug and a first aid kit. Kakashi tried to act nonchalant and gave him a kunai pack with a pat on his head. Naruto turned to look towards Sasuke and he stepped forward.

"I don't have anything to give you." he confessed.

Naruto carefully wiped his disappointment from his face and gave him big smile, " 'S all right, teme. I don't need anything."

"Three years is a long time, though. You should have something to remember me by."

Naruto looked confused as he lent forwards and gave him a kiss. Sasuke was pleased to note that Naruto only froze for a second before tentatively responding. It was a chaste kiss, but Sasuke couldn't help but give Naruto's lower lip a lick as they broke off.

Naruto's face was pinker than Sakura's hair, and that was saying something with his tanned skin.

"Sasuke.. what..." he began, only to be cut off by Jiraiya.

"Come on brat. We don't have enough time to satisfy you love birds. The day light's wasting." He grabbed Naruto and promptly shunshined away.

Naruto's cry of "Ero-sennin" was heard by all of them.

Sasuke then became aware of the killing intent focused on him by two sources. He glanced to see that Kakashi was one of them, who was glaring at him like he had molested Naruto in public.

The other was even more potent than Kakashi which was coming from behind an electricity pole. He didn't need to look behind the pole to know that it was Hinata.

Sasuke decided to that it was probably best for his health if he disappeared from there.