The Spy's Report

Itachi was glad that he had talked to Sasuke before delivering his report on Akatsuki. His mind was still reeling from the information he had been provided by Sasuke. (He still was baffled about the time travel. He had his suspicions, but to actually have them confirmed was unsettling. And to think that Sasuke was older than him.....)

He knocked on the Hokage's door, just before the appointed time of two in the morning.

"Come in." He opened the door to find Tsunade-sama reading missing reports. "We are waiting for Jiraiya." She told him, without looking up.

In about ten minutes, Jiraiya-sama entered the Hokage's office through the window. "What was so important that I had to leave the brat alone for the night, Hime?" He asked, before catching sight of him, his eyes widening, "Oh? This should be interesting."

"Jiraiya-sama. I'm here to give my report on my five year long subterfuge mission as an Akatsuki member." Itachi offered, even though he knew that Jiraya had already guessed.

"What's their goal?" He cut straight to the point.

"It's complicated. Every one is there for their own agendas. However, it's safe to say that if they continue unchecked, they'll destroy the world as we know it."

Jiriaya's eyes narrowed and Tsunade-sama looked up from her paperwork.

"Explain." She ordered.

Itachi was happy to comply. He told them everything he had gathered and everything Sasuke had told him, carefully doctoring the information to not raise any flags. He put extra emphasis on Pain's strength, discouraging Jiraiya to seek out his old student. Sasuke didn't need to tell him that Jiriaya's death had affected Naruto-kun a lot in the other time line. As someone very important to his brother, Itachi was also very invested in Naruto-kun's well being.

Both the sannin were understadibly silent at the end of his report.

"I'm too sober for this." muttered Tsunade-sama, as she pulled out a bottle of sake and drank from it.

"It's manageable." Jiraiya tried to reassure her. "I'll increase the kid's training, maybe get the toads to teach him sage mode. Tell Kakashi to train his Sharingan. Probably should avoid telling him that Obito is alive and responsible for Minato's death." He growled.

"We'll have to tell other nations about the threat. If what you said about the Uchiha tablet is true, the recreation of juubi would be disastrous." Tsunade-sama spoke up.

"See, Hime? It's manageable." Jiraiya said exuberantly. Instead of cheering the Hokage as intended it seemed to further irritate her.

"You damned well don't get any ideas to hunt them out alone, Jiraya." She growled.

"Of course. Of course. I'm too young to die, Tsunade-hime. I even have a new book coming up." He replied, placating her.

Itachi wondered why he had a sudden urge to castrate Jiraya.