11.

Aaina.

My heart pounded in my chest, my body filled with anxiety as I thought about all the things that could happen.

My head throbbed with all the things that had happened in the past few days as I tried to come up with a logical explanation as to why Zaydaan would react in such a bad manner.

I was hurt by his words, but I was scared as hell too.

There was a bitter taste in the back of my mouth that I couldn't seem to get rid of, as I bit my tongue.

Upon entering the vicinity of my house, I spotted my mother, standing near the garden while giving instructions to the maali chacha, our gardener.

Her eyes scanned the area as she sensed the cars and security.

And then she saw me.

A huge smile spread on her face as we reached near her, but it turned into a nervous one when she observed my husband.

Obviously, Zaydaan looked like he could crush a man's skull with his bare hands.

She gulped, eyes glancing at me and then at him.

"Zaydaan? Come on in,"

She still invited as we entered the house. I realised that he had not even bothered to say a simple Salam.

He always greeted with a salam, it was clearly something major.

"How are you? Why didn't you tell me before coming?"

She whispered in my ear.

I wanted to tell her that even I had no idea that we were going to come here.

But at the same time, I didn't want to share anything with a mother who had done nothing to protect me, who took no stand for me, who had not even tried to console me or asked father to atleast give me some time.

She had simply started to prepare for the freaking wedding. I was angry at her but even telling her that would do her or me no good.

"Call Saira, tell her api is here."

She yelled at one of our maids who scurried off upstairs, footsteps making loud sounds.

Zaydaan turned to look at my mother, almost glaring at her.

"Where's Imran Sahab?" He questioned as if he was at the end of his patience.

My mother still politely smiled at him.

"He's in his study, I'll send someon-" She hadn't even completed her sentence when my husband stormed up the stairs, not looking back.

I didn't know if there was something personal regarding me that had pissed him off, or if it was something political related to my father.

My curiosity and anxiety were walking side by side in my head.

Ammi looked at me with a sudden fear.

"What happened, Aaina?"

"I don't know, ammi. We were having a good time and then I think his father called him and after that he got so angry."

I told her the truth. She frowned.

"Ya Allah, didn't you ask?"

I wanted to tell her that the man she had got me married to actually threatened to throw me out of the car if I asked him any question.

I wanted to tell her that he was angry and I had no idea why, I wanted to tell her that she had got me married to a man who would probably never love me.