18.

Aaina.

"I will not stand for the both of you coming here and yelling like bastards!"

Were the first words I heard as I entered the living room, my father in law's voice boomed out of his study. Both Ahad and Zaydaan inside with him.

Since he had arrived home late last night, we had decided to go tomorrow instead. While I was getting ready to spend the weekend with him, he was busy in a meeting with his father.

And clearly, something had angered the Prime Minister. I had hardly heard him yell before, not like that.

"And I will not stand for you controlling my life." I heard Ahad's voice.

I had never heard him sound so intense, it shocked me. My mother in law was sitting in the living room by herself, sighing and rolling her eyes after every few seconds.

She was dressed in a beautiful chiffon beige shalwar kameez, her head covered and her signature back combing lifting her dupatta up to show some of her hair.

I admired her, more than I even admired my mother right now. The same mother who had barely called to even check up on me.

"What's happening, mama?" I questioned her, sitting by her side. She blew out breath from her mouth, looking at me.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just the men in my family fighting like dogs."

I cracked a smile as she referred to her own family as dogs, she had a funny bone in her body but she hardly used it.

After another minute, she stood up, air kissing my cheeks.

"I have to go, attend an event. Have fun on your weekend trip, okay?"

I mumbled my goodbye and then, she left.

--

As the clock ticked and hit ten in the morning, the doors opened and Zaydaan walked out, pissed off.

Ahad followed him, looking at his brother.

"Bhai, atleast listen to me." He pleaded, Zaydaan simply shook his head as I observed their exchange.

"I'm not going to, Ahad. What you're asking of me is too much, defense ministry, it's not, you're asking for too much.." My husband responded.

I stood up, since he looked ready to leave.

"I'm not, what's the big deal?" Ahad exclaimed out in anger but his brother gave him no response.

I hadn't seen them at odds, not like this. Both of them seemed angry at each other. Usually it was only Zaydaan.

"Let's go." He told me. I nodded, watching as my husband exited the hall room.

"Bhai." Ahad walked out too, following him.