17.

---

Aaina

Aaina.

There is nothing more satisfying than morning bliss, that feeling of contentment in your heart, that relaxation, that tinge of happiness, it completely changes your mood for the entire day.

Yesterday night was like a dream. After finishing up with the interview, which by the way was so intense for me as I had to lie through my teeth for more than half of it, we decided to come home early.

For almost an hour, we simply sat by each other's side and drank some tea, listening to what both of us had to say.

It made me so happy that he actually listened to me, to my thoughts, to my dreams, to everything that I could talk about. Now that I thought about it, he barely talked and mostly listened.

For the very first time in all these nights that I had spent with him, we actually slept in each other's arms, without sex.

And I slept in peace. I hoped he did too.

Waking up before him was not really a habit of mine, in fact, I usually woke up from the sound of the door closing or his footsteps as he was about to leave.

But today, my eyes opened before him. For a few moments, I simply stared at his face. There was no trace of anger or annoyance, just peace and even a hint of Innocence.

Zaydaan was always so guarded, like he had a shield around him, he watched his words before he spoke them out loud, he was calculative and sometimes, even rude.

No, he was rude most of the times. But he had been great to me ever since that God awful dinner.

I knew he didn't want me to wake up before him, get him breakfast, see him off as he left for work. He simply wanted me to listen to him. I understood that.

But this morning was different.

After waking up, I got out of the bed and took a quick shower, changing into decent clothes.

After making myself look presentable, I walked back to the bed and sat by his side.

Nobody in the house was ready for breakfast. Ahad was fast asleep, his parents were not home, which left only the two of us

I liked the idea of eating breakfast alone. Shaking his shoulder lightly, I got him to groan and wake up.

"Good Morning." I greeted with a smile on my face as my husband struggled to open his eyes.

Usually he wasn't much of a sleeper. I looked at the time, it was almost eleven.

I usually woke up around twelve.

Zaydaan inhaled a deep breath, closing his eyes again and putting his hands around my lap, yawning and almost going back to sleep.

He looked like a normal man, not the angry husband and definitely not a foreign minister.