38.

The idea of Ahad marrying Minal was actually suggested by Bushra Siddiqui, one of the readers!! So thanks for putting that in my head. Alot of my ideas do come from random comments that you guys leave haha.

Also someone wrote a comment about Zaydaan being so sweet and asking you to kill yourself idek, something like that and I put that in the chapter too so yes.

Okay, this chapter is somewhat religious, it's what I grew up learning and listening. So I decided to share a little bit of it with you guys, if you don't want to read about it, you can skip ahead. But as a Muslim woman, I felt kinda proud for writing something like this.

P.s I haven't rechecked and if I made any mistake, in facts and figures or even in like words then bare with me ok lol. Here you go.

Your support has been so amazing though. So thank you so much!

You guys are just amazing 💖

Aaina x Zaydaan.

Why do we take so much time in accepting the reality? Why do we keep on playing different scenarios in our heads, just so we could actually feel at peace

Why do we take so much time in accepting the reality? Why do we keep on playing different scenarios in our heads, just so we could actually feel at peace. Why does reality not bring us content and happiness?

Why is reality so different from our dreams? Why can't things go the way we want them to go?

So many questions, unanswered.

So many hopes, shattered.

So many reasons to leave, yet so many reasons to stay.

Aaina wished that she could run away to a far, far land. But she wasn't vain. She understood that she would never be free.

She couldn't work like normal women, she couldn't bash the Prime Minister or create an issue in front of the entire country, who would care that the Prime Minister was marrying again when their were problems like poverty?

She only had her own self.

And Ahad. She had Ahad too.

She didn't have Saira, her sister. She couldn't just burden her with all the problems in her life. Her mother, well, that was a completely different story.

She had once read in a book that 'A man's heart is a wretched, wretched thing. It isn't like a mother's womb. It won't bleed. It won't stretch to make room for you.'

Was Zaydaan's heart wretched? Was there really no space in it for her? Even the thought of it made it difficult for her to even breathe.

Thankfully, he had left her alone, he had given her space and she had just wept and slept the entire night.

Now, with the morning, came back her pain but also the courage to fight back. Or atleast try to do so.

She was still in her bed, snuggled under the covers when the door opened and her husband entered the bedroom.