24.

--

Better comment like anything since I've had so many dms of ya'll telling me to update!!

--

Aaina x Zaydaan.

The most important thing in life is probably your family

The most important thing in life is probably your family. There are days that you love them, days that you hate them but life is hollow and empty without them.

Whether it is the family you're born with, or the family you make for your own self, they are the people you can come home to, the people you can be yourself around and the people who can love you effortlessly.

Aaina didn't know where she stood in life. For the world, she was in a luxurious position but from the inside, she felt like falling apart.

Her father had fled the country two days ago, without telling anyone, with her mother, sister and brother. Saira had texted Aaina that she was leaving rather urgently and she would contact Aaina soon, that she loved her and she wished they could stay together.

But that was it.

Aaina knew it was important for her father to be out of the public eye, to be away from the country since the money laundering debate had started and investigations were going on, but at the same time, she felt so alone.

Her entire family had left. Her mother hadn't even bothered to call. She didn't know how the mother who showered her with affection since childhood, could abandon her like that.

And then, there was Zaydaan. The man who was supposed to love her bur the man who couldn't. And Ahad, the friend she considered family.

She was hurt because of Zaydaan, and she felt angry at Ahad. Because how could he abandon his friend and laugh with a woman he knew she didn't like?

She stood at a side, Raima standing a few steps away from her as Ahad arrived in their direction.

"Aaina, why do you look so glum. Hmm?" He questioned as soon as he reached her vicinity.

That was enough for Aaina to look at him like she could kill him.

"Oh someone's back. Done with your laughing session?" She enquired, voice low but anger evident.

Ahad hadn't really seen her angry, it made him frown.

"What are you talking about?"

She sighed, looking at him as if his innocent act wasn't going to work on her. Ahad truly felt confused though, what had he done?

"Ahad, I saw you laughing with her. I saw the way you were talking like a bunch of school boys around a famous girl."

She replied. He rolled his eyes. Sometimes, Aaina acted truly immature, which was quite weird for him to think since he was immature himself.