Chapter 8 - Queen's Taquitos

Spider-Man was now eating at what apparently was Deadpool's favorite restaurant in the entire city. It was a really great Mexican place and, according to Deadpool, it was also the only one that offered the 'authentic' Mexican cuisine, since the owners were actually Mexican.

Peter had come to this place a few times with May and he absolutely loved the nachos, in fact it was the only thing he ever ordered.

"Are you not gonna eat that?" He asked the mercenary. He had been playing with his food for the past few minutes but hadn't taken a single bite.

"Hm?" Deadpool looked up from his plate. "Yes! Yes I am, I'm just waiting."

"For what?" Peter raised an eyebrow.

"For your food, I'll feel uncomfortable eating while you're not." Deadpool smiled. Spider-Man nodded, that was oddly polite...specially coming from Deadpool. "We just won't." The mercenary spoke again after a moment of silence, though he wasn't talking to him but to somebody else, something he did quite often. Whom? Peter had no clue. And what did he mean by 'we'?

He didn't want to know, at least not for now. Maybe someday he'd ask him about it. Maybe.

The waitress arrived shortly after and put Peter's nachos on the table. He looked at her and smiled. "Thanks!" The girl smiled back and left.

One might think this normal behavior was quite strange considering they were two men in full skintight costumes having a lunch break at a Mexican restaurant, not to mention that one of them just happened to be Spider-Man. But being in New York, this wasn't the strangest thing ever. New Yorkers had sure seen some stuff.

Spider-Man rolled up his mask so it was halfway up his face, before grabbing one nacho and eating it. It had been a really long day and the taste of hot melted cheese was actual heaven. He was lost in the taste of the authentic Mexican cuisine when he caught Deadpool staring. "Um..." He swallowed and cleared his throat. "May I help you?"

Deadpool continued to stare without saying a word, until finally, he did. "Oh no, I was just...thinking."

Spider-Man couldn't help but notice the sudden change in the man's demeanor. Ever since they entered the restaurant Deadpool seemed tense, maybe even nervous. But why?

"Right..." He looked at Deadpool's still untouched food. "What is that anyway?"

"This?" He eyes went wide, well...at least the ones on the mask did. "You've never had one of these? Spidey! You gotta be kidding me!"

"I'm not." Peter shrugged. "All I've ever had is nachos and once a taco."

"...goodness gracious, you're a shame to society." Suddenly he was starting to behave more like himself, which for whatever reason made Peter feel some sort of relief. "Spidey I can't believe you're a basic nacho bitch." He pushed his plate across the table so Peter could reach it. "Eat this."

"Wait, what is it?" Peter looked at the food with uncertainty.

"It's a chimichanga! I swear it won't eat you if you eat it first."

"But it's yours." Spider-Man tried to take his eyes off of the grotesque thing but he just couldn't.

"I'm not gonna eat it anyway! Just take a bite!"

Peter looked at Deadpool then back at the food he was offering him. He hesitated but in the end decided he'd give it a try. How bad can it be anyway? It's Mexican! "Alright..." He grabbed the strange thing with his gloved hands and bit into it.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't bad at all. As a matter of fact, it was so good it made Peter feel foolish for thinking nachos were the best dish the place had to offer.