Chapter 19 - Oscorpse

Alistair walked into the Oscorp laboratories unaware of Peter who followed closely behind him.

The man took out his ID and pressed it against a digital scan located right next to the door handle, Peter's eyes immediately traveled to the sign above the doorframe that read 'authorized personnel only'. The scan beeped twice before the red light on top of it became green. Alistair pushed the door open and stepped in. Before the door could close Peter rushed towards it and barely managed to get in. He kept his eyes on Smythe as he basically crawled behind one of the many desks in the room.

The scientist walked straight towards a large computer, to which he had access to by once again using his powerful Oscorp ID.

'Welcome. Doctor Smythe, Alistaire.' An electronic voice greeted. Peter watched as Smythe entered his user and password to have complete access to the information in that computer, whatever that was, and made sure to memorize both.

His attention turned to the humongous computer screen as Alistaire opened three different files. One seemed to be the design of some machine called the 'S-S 0.2', which was kind of a cryptic name to say the least. Another one was just a bunch of random notes titled 'S-S 0.2 testing'. And finally the third one was the one that gave Peter the chills. The file was simply titled 'Spider-Man', no cryptic abbreviations or strange code names, simply 'Spider-Man.'

Peter watched as various items popped up on screen. There were a couple notes, random videos of him fighting different villains that he probably had gotten from the news, a detailed study of his physique with incredibly specific annotations like his height and weight along with many random pictures.

"What in the world..." Peter whispered to himself. Because either Mr. Smythe was a very passionate Spider-Man fan or he was up to something really bad, and as much as he wanted his first guess to be true he knew that wasn't likely.

"S-S 0.2, day one hundred and fifty, test o five." Smythe talked into one of the microphones as he introduced a complex code into the programming of whatever the S-S 0.2 was.

Peter jumped as the sound of mechanical parts moving filled the room before an odd looking robot stepped into view. It looked like a downgraded version of Iron Man's suit. And he was sure that Tony Stark could make a better looking armor even on a budget. Not that the billionaire would ever be on a budget.

"Prototype 0 twenty eight." He kept talking. "Programmed to attack the specific subject." The machine revealed the weapons which apparently had remained hidden within it's mechanism. "Follows commands easily when instructed." Smythe turned back to the computer and stared at the screen. "We have yet to develop a way of tracking down the subject but the prototype is capable of recognizing it's target by identifying his specific moves and recognizing his physique." The man grinned wickedly, satisfied with himself. "The Spider Slayer 0.2 will soon be ready for field testing."

Peter's eyes widened as he understood why he always felt like there was something off about this man. He was freaking mad. And he was after him. "Excuse me, the what now?"

———

Peter watched as Deadpool struggled to climb to the top of the Oscorp building, he would've helped him had it not been so funny to hear him curse every time he'd slide.

"Know what Spidey?" The mercenary groaned as he hauled himself up and onto the roof. "I could've used a web or two."

Peter, who was now sitting on a ventilation duct, looked at him pretending he hadn't noticed his arrival until then. "Oh Wade, what is a roof like you doing in a guy like this?" He quoted the mercenary, suddenly remembering when they'd first decided to team up.