seventy-four.

THE AFTERNOON WINDED down and Kurt and Lindy followed suit, eventually untangling their bodies and laying close together in bed. What had started as a lashing out of their mutual grievances had turned into a passionate display of their love for each other.

Lindy laid burrowed into Kurt's side, her face against his shoulder. She could feel her pounding heart, nowhere near close to slowing down after the hour and a half of vivid intimacy she and Kurt had just shared. It was therapeutic in making her forget all the trouble she'd had on her mind.

"How do you feel?" Kurt asked, skimming his fingers along Lindy's bare back, feeling the ripple of her spine.

"Better," Lindy told him, before she laughed at her response.

"Fucking is really good for the soul," Kurt jested, contented with having Lindy so near to him.

"So I've learned," she said back sarcastically. Somewhere in the middle of her exhaustion, she wouldn't have minded continuing on with Kurt. She was aware that he would have to leave soon, but her irresponsible tendencies were telling her to seduce him all over again.

Coyly, Lindy rolled over until she was on top of Kurt, straddling her legs around his hips and lowering herself against him. He groaned and closed his eyes. When he leaned his head back, she could see the veins strain in his neck. It made her want him even more.

"Don't start that when I've got to go so soon," Kurt begged. He moved his hands down the front of Lindy's body, admiring her like a work of art.

"I won't. I was only half-tempted anyways," she smirked. Kurt scowled and grabbed her around the waist, pinning her down onto the bed and smothering her with kisses. She squealed with laugher, fighting him off and kicking her legs.

When he stopped, she shook her head at him. "Our relationship is so bipolar."

"Why's that?"

"One minute we're both hysterical, and the next we've made up and we're happy again and it's all forgotten."

"I like it that way. It's a nice reminder that you're a great antidote to all the bad things that happen."

"Mhm."

Kurt kissed Lindy tenderly, caressing the side of her face and sinking lower between the sheets. If he had a say in the matter, he would have stayed the night with her. Once again, it was too big of a risk to take.

"Going home to a fancy house isn't even comparable to being here with you," he professed lovingly.

"My apartment thanks you for being so kind," Lindy teased. She couldn't imagine anyone besides Kurt choosing her one bedroom lodging over a one million dollar mansion. It was so predictable of him to locate a small space and make a home out of it.

"It's too big," he complained, practically reading Lindy's mind. "It's got all these rooms that we don't need in it.

"Then why did you buy it?"

Kurt's frown was enough of an answer for Lindy; she guessed that Courtney wouldn't have been even the slightest alright with turning away such a magnificent home. She also knew that Kurt had a touch of flavor for nice things, but at the same time, she would have never pictured him in such a place.

"You could live here with me," she added. It was a silly thing to say, nothing except a hope and dream, but she couldn't stop herself from saying it. She glided her two fingers across Kurt's lips, feeling his lips pucker as he kissed them lightly. 

"If it weren't for Frances, I would have moved in already."

"There's got to be something good about the house at least. I mean, it's a mansion."