TWO

It was a few days after the walima (A dinner reception held after the wedding) of Laiba and Junaid. There was a different kind of feeling in the air. At the Khan's place everyone was very chirpy and running left and right to collect everything before going to The Ahmed's house for asking for Zoya's hand in marriage for Zayyad. Perhaps Zayyad was the most restless. He had changed his outfit about a million times over thinking his choice every time. He was on the verge of tearing out his hair. His anxiety levels were rising and he did not know what to do. Before he could take any rash decision, his youngest brother Zain entered the room. Seeing his brother so helpless because of a girl brought a smile on his well structured face.

It was no secret that Zayyad was handsome. He had raven coloured hair and since their ancestors were from the mountains of Kashmir he had inherited their green eyes. That had swirls of blue swimming in them. He had a fair complexion and was around 5ft 11inches tall. He had long eyelashes which girls most probably envied. And heart shaped lips. Zain who was 18 was that carbon copy of his brother. And he took pride in that fact.

"Are bhai itni tension na lain. Mein aap ko kapray nikal kar deta hun" (Oh Bro! Don't take so much tension. I will take out clothes for you)

Smiling at his brother Zayyad nodded. When their parents had passed away Zain was very young. So he was like a son to Zayyad. Zain placed a black  shirt and trousers knowing that it was all Pakistani women's weakness. (Come on we all know its a fact 😉)

Zayyad ruffled Zains hair before heading to the washroom to change into the clothes. Exiting he saw his Milano canvas shoes. Applying a bit of perfume Zayyad exited his room. Saying his prayers that Zoya say yes and become his. 

"Arrey abhi tou bhabhi aain bhi nahin aur abhi say unn keh khialon mein rehnay lagain hain" ( Oh our sister in law hasn't even come yet and you are already thinking about her) , exclaimed Hamza , the second youngest at 22. Ali who was 23 chuckled.

Their Dadi (paternal grandmother) slapped each of them on their heads before going towards Zayyad to kiss his forehead. The past few days had been really tough for him , being away from a woman who he had not even talked too. If he could , he would've married her in a jiffy. But Zayyad wanted to give her a wedding she deserved.

Meanwhile , at the Ahmed's place everyone was awake. A cheery atmosphere had taken over and the tiredness of the past days has passed away. As everyone made way to their bathrooms for showers, Zoya was already up and had prepared the first batch of her amazing and renowned parathas ( a traditional Indian / Pakistani bread) .

Zoya was setting up the table when everyone came down hurriedly as if their goat had been stolen. She knew it was because Laiba and Junaid had arrived for their breakfast.

However little did she know someone was rushing towards her to make her his.

The doors to the exceptionally large mansion opened. To anyone else the house may have looked magnificent but to the Khans it was nothing out of the ordinary. The house was built in a victorian style much like their own house. The sky was a calm blue. A complete opposite of the turmoil within Zayyad's heart. He had been pinching himself again and again in the hopes of easing his nerves. Yet the closer they got to their destination the more frustrated he felt. To the left side of the entrance was a parking area. Cars like Mercedes and Audi were dominant. The Khan's parked their own Mercedes Slk-500 next to a beat up Corolla that stood out. It was a very old model one that came out in the early 2009. This was a weird sight to see. Opening the trunk of their car , Zayyad and his brothers Hamza and Ali picked up the fruit baskets as well as the boxes of sweets. Zain being the youngest was not allowed to hold anything. They then moved towards the huge wooden gates that had carvings on them.