EPILOGUE

F O U R Y E A R S L A T E R

The air had a hum of celebration. The day was radiant of the happiness of the family. It was Zain's university graduation. The entire household had been decorated like a bride to celebrate the day. The person who was the most ecstatic was Zain himself. He would finally be leaving education behind and could focus on enjoying his life.

Zain had opted for a black tuxedo with a white formal shirt. His black formal shoes and black silk pocket tie, all tied his outfit together.
"Chachu!" Rania, the life of the house ran inside her uncles room. She was wearing a dusky blue chiffon princess frock. Zain caught her in his arms and threw her up in the air.
"Ji chachu ki jaan?" He asked the little girl. Pushing her black silky hair behind her ears. The large doe eyes looked at her uncle and then huffed.
"Hoor meray saath khel nahi rahi!" Zain laughed at the four year old.

Hoor was the two year old daughter of Zoya and Zayyad. She was born premature and had asthma. So she was not allowed to run around a lot. This angered the little Rania. But she was also the most protective of her younger sister. No one could hurt Hoor when Rania was present.

"Meri jaan aap ko pata hai na keh Hoor ko saans ka masla hai," he waited until the young girl nodded.
"Tou jab woh khailay gi tou sans lenay mein masla ho ga meri jaan. Isliye nahi khel rahi. Chalo ab chalein aapki Hoor keh paas?" Rania nodded her head.

Hoor and Rania were very close. Zoya had loved Rania like her own so that she may not feel that she did not have a mother. The young girls slept in the same room and did everything together. They were as close to each other as two fingers of the same hand. And the family prayed that this bond would never break ever.

Downstairs Aliyan and Zayyad were sitting with Ali. Sipping on some tea having a lighy converstaion. Hamza was still in his bedroom getting dressed as he claimed "perfection takes time". Zoya and Maryam were still getting dressed.

Zoya had opted for a dusty pink suit with a black dress shirt. Pairing it with a nude pair of heels. Her heels clacked with the floor as she walked downstairs with Hoor in her hands. On seeing them come downstairs, Zayyad ran forward and grabbed Hoor from her arms and wrapped his free arm around his waist.
"Baba ki jaan bilkul pari lag rahi hai. MashAllah," Zayyad kissed the forehead of his little bunny. Hoor looked at him with her clear green eyes and smiled.
"Baba," she chanted the one word she so loved to speak. Clearly she was a daddys girl.

"HOORI!" Rania shrieked at the top of her lungs. She was standing on the top of the staircase in the arms of her uncle. Urging her uncle to walk faster, Rania extended her arms towards Zayyad.

Zayyad lifted her up aswell and held the two lifelines of the family together.
Aliyan warded off the evil eye from his family and after Maryam had come downstairs they left for Zain's graduation ceremony.

[A H M E D M A N S I O N ]

Zeeniya was sitting in her bedroom. Looking at the walls. She felt empty inside. All her life having strived to torture Zoya, she had had no purpose in life for the past few years. Seeing her sister Laiba spend her love and affection with her daughter, Zeeniya realised that she had missed out on a huge blessing. Her mother had sent countless proposals for men but they would all regret. For everyone knew of her evil deeds.

Around two years ago, Alishba had asked her sister for the hand of Zakriya in marriage and the reply she got was
"Why would I marry my son to a loose woman? She could not keep her first husband happy. She could not even value her first born. This scum of a woman will never be married to my son!" The betrayal of her own sister had affected Alishba so much that she had a heart attack and was paralysed for the rest of her life.

Four years down the road, Zoya had it all but Zeeniya, she had nothing but herself. There was a constant empty void inside of her that was never filled. Seeing it was time for Alishba's medicine, Zeeniya wiped the tears that had managed to fall and entered her mother's room. It was a daily struggle ti feed her precious ammi. The woman would always throw tantrums about the tasteless food and Zeeniya was the one to suffer.

[ A T N I G H T K H A N M A N S I O N ]

Zoya was putting on some moisturiser on her skin after having returned from the graduation ceremony. Zain had gone to celebrate with his friends and Ali had taken Rania into his room whi had demanded that she wanted to sleep with her father for the night. Zayyad held their own daughter and bounced her to sleep. Gently placing her in the crib that they kept for the days that Rania slept with Ali, he headed towards his beautiful wife.

He grabbed her by the nape of her neck and placed a gentle kiss on it.
"Zoya thank you so much for being with me. For loving me. For giving birth to our child. I owe it all to you". He uttered the feeling of his heart. Feelings the were hidden from his wife for most of the time.

"Nahi Zayyad. I shouls be the one thanking you. You have been there for me every step of the way. My life is in you. My joy is with you. Without you I am nothing!" Her passionate profession had Zayyad leading her to their bed but before things could progres, Zoya told him something that made him ecstatic.
"I am pregnant". Feeling so overwhelmed with the news of having a second child, Zayyad began to weep like a child.

Inside his own room, Aliyan stared at a picture of his wife. He kissed her face like he did most nights. Two years ago his mother had passed away. In her last breath she had asked for his forgiveness which he had granted
Aliyan was however, glad that all of his family members had gained peace and were happy. Yet still the absence of his soulmate lingered, torturing him everynight. That particular night, however was different.

In the midsummer night, Aliyan had a dream. He was with his wife in a beautiful forest. In the midsummer nights dream, Aliyan passed away with a smile on his face.

Justice was awarded. Love was found. All was forgiven. And Finally, Zoya had found a home just like her mother has prayed for years ago.

THE END