FIVE

Day of the Nikkah
12:00 am

Zain was sleeping soundlessly in his elder brothers bed. He had asked to sleep with Zayyad for one last time before he got married. What was supposed to be a night of talks amongst the two turned into a huge sleepover with all four brothers. Zayyad , who was restless could not close his eyes. When the clock struck 12.

Waking up Hamza and Ali he signalled for them to wake up Zain. While he himself went to get cake. The other two brought out Zain's gifts before shaking him. The young boy of eighteen, well now nineteen opened his eyes before rubbing them open. And questioned in innocence "Is it already time for Zayyad and Ali's nikkah?"

Before the two could say a single word Zayyad entered with the cake. It was a customised two tier cake. On top of which a group photo of the four and had been printed.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAIN"

The brothers shouted. This caused to tears to be brought out of his eyes. He had forgotten his birthday yet his brothers had not. Getting out of the blanket he hugged them all. However, none of them notice their dadi who like a child shrieked "GROUP HUG"
Before engulfing all four of her grandsons in one large hug. The five of them laughed and then cut the cake.

It was time to give the young lad his gifts now. Dadi was the first one who gave him a Rolex watch that had his name engraved on the inside. Hamza gifted the teen a mobile phone , the lates iphone XS in the color black. Meanwhile , the eldest two Ali and Zayyad had bought him a combined gift. An Audi A6. Zain felt spoilt and thanked his brothers again and again.

The very next moment something unexpected happened. Ali stepped forward and handed him a small box telling him "Zoya bhabhi asked me to give this to you". Everyone was shocked. No one had expected her to get Zain a gift even though they shared a strong box. Inside the box was a Tom Ford perfume and a set of customised cufflinks. The two items were followed with a sweet note
For the best friend and younger brother I found in my youngest brother in law.
Love ,
Your bhabhi

Reading the sweet words moved their hearts. Zoya was someone that had a heart made of pure gold. And anyone to think otherwise was a liar. As everyone cleared the gift wrap , Zayyad thanked Ali for sacrificing his life. Yet Ali smiled and promised him what he had promised Zoya.

Four hours before Nikkah

Everyone in the brides house was chirpy. Initially it was one but now there were two brides. Hence another make up artist had to be booked in urgency. Zeenia was busy planning how to torture Zoya even after her marriage. The only thing that mattered for her was the wealth that came along with Ali. Whereas , her mother was proud of herself. They had bought Zeenia a bridal dress last night which was not even close to the one that Zoya had gotten. Perhaps it was because Zoya's dress had been bought by a man who loved her. Zoya had spent all night praying to her lord for happiness of Zeenia and to make Ali forgive her.

Where Alishba had been proud of her doings , Akram was upset. He had once again failed Zoya. For his daughters happiness he had kept quiet knowing well that it could destroy Zoya's relationship. What everyone failed to notice was that Zoya understood her position in this family and did not expect for anyone to stand up for her.

The two brides were getting ready in their own rooms. While Zeenia had went for the bolder look with a dark eyeshadow and red lipstick. Zoya had approached a more subtle style. A soft gold hue covered her eyelids her lips coated in a soft pink. The only bold thing about her was the killer , sharp black winged eyeliner.

Zeenia's room was crowded with visitors that gushed about her appearance while Zoya was alone. She knew no one would come. In that moment both her brothers walked in. Each holding a gift for her. Razi handed her a diamond bracelet wishing her an eternal happiness. While Zakriya gave her a saree. Telling her wanted to see her in it when she would come over first time after her marriage. Making that promise , Zoya got busy with the hairstylist.