EIGHTEEN

The tap inside the large room trickled down the drain every few seconds. Reminding the largely crowded room that the time was passing. The heavy tension inside the room was so palpable that the weight of it crippled the doctors ability. He timidly maneuvered around the ticking bombs. The face turning pale as the man in question opened his lips.

"Yeh sab eik kamzoori keh waqt mein huwa. Ab iska jo bhi nateeja hai usse mein qabool karne ko tiyaar hun. Par yeh aaurat ab meray pass nahi aai!"
Ali spoke with clear authority. He was firm on his decision. Nothing could revoke the pending seperation.

"Kia matlab? Yeh koi mazaaq nahi eik zindagi hai!" Dadi screeched.
The idea of being separated from her great grandchild did not sit well with her.

"Nahin dadi. Aap keh kehnay par mein iss khatoon ko ghar laya tha. Par ab bas. Delivery keh baad talaq keh kaghazat inko pohancha diye jain gai!"
Ali exited the room. Not knowing wether to feel happy or sad. Happy that he will be rid of his poisonous wife or sad that his daughter would grow without the love of a mother.

The night of his and Zeenia's union was engraved in his mind. He had just returned from his friends place. Upon entering his bedroom he was greeted with the sight of his wife in lacy lingerie. Candles burning gave her skin a luminous feel. Being a man, and having a beautiful wife he was unable to control his urges and had taken both his wife and himself to the heights of passion. And for just that one night he believed that they might just be able tk establish their marriage and acheive marital bliss. However, the very next day the beautiful illusion was shattered by his wife claiming it to be "zindagi ki sab sai bari ghalti".

Meanwhile inside the hospital suite, chaos ensued. Dadi sat on the large three seater and clutched her head. Her grandson was going to ruin everything.
"Aap nai tou kaha tha Ali aap ki baat kabhi nahi mana karey ga!"
The furious mother, shouted at the quivering figure. Dadi had sided with them and now everything was going downhill. Alishba had convinced her that if she took Zeenia's side then Ali will be forced to accept her and now she had wrecked her family with her own hands. All beacuse of the jealousy inside her heart.

Samina the beloved dadi of her four grandsons had been married to an alpha male. To him public appearances were everything. He had never showered her with the love she wanted. Always maintaining a hard and cold exterior. In the bed he was a cold beast and never did he exchange any words of warmth with her. On the birth of their son, he had kissed her with love for the first time hence making her cry. Their son was the reason he embraced her with love. And from then anytime he would acheive something, her husband would shower her with love claiming that he had raised their son right.

When he got married, the son she raised with love diverted all his attention to his wife. Making Samina jealous. Her son had discarded her for another woman. Malicious thoughts were given birth in her head. Anytime a grandchild was born she would obssess over them. Would try to raise them and not let their mother come in contact.

One day her son fought with her. Told his mother to stop with it all. So she arranged an accident for her daughter in law. What she didn't know was her son was in the car aswell. The two died on impact. Then she raised the boys herself. So when Zayyad wanted to marry Zoya she thought that the meek girl would not be a problem. But Zayyad gave her confidence which resulted in her standing up for herself. So when Alishba asked Samina to team with them she agreed readily. Unfortunately for her, it all lead to her downfall.

"Im sorry. Par mera khayal hai divorce mein hi sab ki behtari hai," dadi spoke with a clenched jaw. She could not let all her grandsons leave her clutches. Like a mad woman, she rushed out of the hospital room and booked a cab to rush home.