EIGHT

The dusky evening lit up a pathway that led to the driveway of the palatial home. The circular pathway that lead to the large wooden door, was lined with the flowers of the season. Perpendicular to the entrance, were some expensive cars. From Range Rovers to Mercedes. It was a clear indication of the wealth the people that were living here possessed. That is if you could not understand that by seeing the house. Servants rushed around to make the home look presentable.

Zayyad, was standing outside with Zoya, having just come back from the office, he had been surprised to see Zoya standing there in a dark blue khadar plain outfit and wrapped in a brown shawl. Walking towards her, he kissed Zoya's forehead.
"Itni thand mein kyun khadi ho?", he asked her with worry.
"Aap ka intezar", Zoya spoke with passion. He smiled at his wife and wrapped his arm around her waist. Just as they turned around, to head inside, the large iron wrought gates opened. And a beaten up 2009 Corolla entered. It was the same one he had seen at Zoya's home.

A man in a drivers uniform got out. Coming to Zoya, he handed the car keys.
"Zoya baaji, your car keys". Zoya smiled and thanked him. Also feeling a bit awkward as the car stood out. A stark contrast to the lavish ness of the place.
"Zoya what does he mean your car?" Zayyad asked confused.
"Actually... before our marriage, I did not have a lof of luxuries. And I have just taken over the business so I could not spend a lot on myself. So when Laiba got a new car, they gave me this". Sighing at the fate of his wife, he smiled at her.
"Ab iski zaroorat nahi". Smiling at her, he threw the car keys at the driver.
"Go and give the car to your boss. I can take care and provide a car to my wife".
The hars reply and care that was featured in it had Zoya blushing. She grabbed Zayyad's sleeve, tugging at it.
"Let's go inside". He nodded and the duo headed inside.

In the living room, dadi, Zain and Hamza were sitting. A plethora of tea time snacks infront of them. Zayyad greeted them before sitting next to Hamza. Zoya prepared him a cup of tea and a plate that held a little bit if everything. After which she poured herself a cup aswell and sat down next to Zayyad on the large three seater. The conversation was light and calm. All of them talked about their days and what they had done.
"Dadi from tomorrow I will be joining my office". Zoya told dadi, who just nodded.
"Iski ijazat tumhein apnay shohar sai leni chahiye. Nahi?" Zeenia who had just entered the lounge retorted. Zoya ignored her, awaiting dadi's answer.
"Han han. Zoya. Zayyad already told me. No need to feel shy. Just come back early so that you do not get tired." Zoya nodded and smiled at the old woman's caring nature.

Zain who was listening to the converstaion decided to give his own two cents.
"Bhabhi how will you go to the office?" It was a practical question. Unfortunately, Zain forgot his brother, Zayyad was the most practical thinker of them all.
"I will pick and drop her. No need to worry". Everyone laughed at his possessive nature while Zoya just blushed.
"Ali kidhr hai?" Zayyad asked, noticing his absence.
"His friends invited him for lunch". Dadi replied.
"Doston nai bulaya ya mashuqa nai?" Zeenia's acidic tone cut through the hearts of everyone. Hamza, having had enough glared at her
"Tameez sai baat kero. You should be happy Ali bhai married you. Warna.."
"Warna kia? He married me because of your precious Zoya bhabhi. She is the one who ruined his life. Not me. Uspar ghussa nikalo mujh par nahi!!"
"Apni aaukat mein raho. Meri zindagi tum aur tumhair maa nai barbad ki hai. Samjhi! Zoya bhabhi par ilzam mat lagao". Ali shouted. To enter his home and hear such crude words, his heart broke. No matter how much he wanted things to work out, it seemed that Zeenia did not want it.

Due to the raging tension between the couple, Ali had refused to come ajd have dinner. But Zeenia being stubborn had decided to not acknowledge her mistakes and at calmly. Zoya felt bad for Ali. The man had destroyed his life for her and Zayyad. Turning to her husband, who was busy gazing at her whilst she ate, Zoya spoke softly.
"Zayyad I think you should take some dinner for Ali bhai. He has not eaten." Zayyad agreed with her idea and felt happy deep inside her heart that he had chosen a wife who cared about his family.

Taking the tray to Ali's bedroom, he set it on the bed. Ali was busy doing some office paperwork.
"Here you go Ali. Come on eat". In his voice was the hint of motherly love. Ali shook his head.
"Aaj aap keh haath sai khaun ga". Smiling at his big baby of a brother, Zayyad began to feed him. When they were done Ali hugged him.
"Bhai. I want you to know that I hold know grudge against you or Zoya bhabhi." Zayyad looked at him and told him not to worry.

Zayyad entered his own bedroom to see Zoya sitting on the bed in a silk nighte, rubbing a body lotion all over her arms. He went and sat next to her, resting his head on her shoulders. Zoya rubbed her hand through his hairs. After a while of sharing innocent touches, things became not so innocent and they were soon lost to the worlds of pleasure.

The next day, she woke up super early. Excited to start her day. The past few weeks that she and Zayyad had been married, her confidence had improved a lot. The man had worked on her self-image so that she could stand in a crowd and charm them the way he knew she could.

Running into the shower, she began taking a warm one, when a pair of arms wrapped around her.
"Why did you leave me alone?" The familiar masculine voice of her husband asked. Stunned and having no reply, Zayyad began to tickle her. She started squealing in the shower when her feet slipped. But luckily Zayyad caught her and their eyes exchanged a very romantic moment.
"Apna khayal rakha karo".

After thw two were done showering, Zayyad selected Zoya's outfit. It was a black suit, with fitted trousers. Underneath she wore a beige turtleneck. Her hair in a low bun and her ears held large dangling hoops. Applying minimal makeup and beige heels, she was ready to head out the door.

 Applying minimal makeup and beige heels, she was ready to head out the door

"Ruko. Zoya yeh lo. Your nag". Zayyad ran behind her, handing her a skin bag.
"Thank you Zayyad". She kissed his cheeks and the two went for breakfast hand in hand. Dadi who was serving Ali, looked at Zoya and Zayyad.
"MashAllah. Zoya you look so beautiful ". Coming towards her, the small woman kissed her cheeks.
"Bhai... jabse aap bhabhi ko laye hain dadi tou bhul gai hain". Ali commented. Expecting dadi to say that he was wrong, he was shocked when dadi said.
"Tou jab hoor samne ho tou koi bandron ko kyun mun lagay ga?" Zoya began giggling through her closed teeth.
"Acha enough. Let's have breakfast". Zayyad urged both women to eat.

Zoya sat next to Zayyad and began serving him. Adding orange juice in his glass she smiled at him. Zayyad kissed her hands, thanking her for serving him. He had told her countless times that she did not need to serve him, but Zoya claimed that it was the least that could be done.

Ali sighed in his mind. He wondered what marital bliss was. How it felt like to have someone to care for you.

Zayyad drove Zoya to her office. Stopping the car, he leaned over the console, kissing her cheeks and forehead. Promising to pick her for lunch.

True to hid promise, Zayyad came at lunch and they had some Nando's. He then dropped her off and asked her wheb she wanted to be picked.
"5 baje," Zayyad nodded.

Zoya had had a hectic day. All the people in the office undermined her. It shook her confidence. By the time Zayyad picked her, Zoya was confused. Maybe she was not right for this job. Zayyad noticed her mood.
"Zoya kia huwa?" Zoya fiddled with her fingers. Not saying a word. But Zayyad had his ways, being persistent, he finally got her to open up.
"Everyone at the office thinks that I am incapable of runing it. Maybe I really am not cut out for this".
"Stay silent Zoya. It will take sometime. But you will learn how to run things smoothly. Plus you always have me for help". Zayyad's smile was able to fix her confidence.

Zayyad took out a big paper bag. Handing it over to her.
"For you". Zoya opened it. Inside, it was filled to the brim with chocolates. Kissing her on his cheeks, she thanked him. And then they spent rest of the drive talking and laughing.