3 // my brother's stupid

WC; 523

We drove the boy to the police station where my dad worked as sheriff. When dad saw me he nearly began to pumble me with questions like - "Where's your brother?" and "Why aren't you at home?" - but when he saw the kid (who we later discovered was named Alex) he asked Liam the questions instead. After the questioning Liam offered to drive me home but I decided to stay with my dad and the kid.

Stiles and Scott arrived about fifteen minutes after Liam left. They both stared at me questioningly. Scott turned to the Alex who was shaking in fear while Stiles yelled at me.

"I told Liam to watch you! Not ditch you here with a mentally scarred kid." Stiles yelled and I hit his shoulder.

"His name is Alex, he's a good kid." I say and and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Stay out here, I do not want you to see what's about to go down, nor will I tell you about it." Stiles says and walks into our dad's office and slammed the door, also closing the blinds. I couldn't hear a word they were saying to I sat there...bored.

***

About half an hour later Stiles and Scott walked out of dad's office looking shaken up.

"What happened?" I ask curiously.

"That's for me to know, and you to forget about." Stiles says and I see two pretty girls walk into the police station and head straight for Stiles and Scott.

"What's the deal with this horseman again?" The girl with short brunette hair asks casually. 

Stiles quickly shushes her and jerks his head at me. The girl looked confused and shrugged her shoulders. "Kylie doesn't... know."

The girl seemed to understand efficiently but I was still lost.

"Know what?" I stand up and look at Stiles.

"Nothing, call Liam and tell him to pick you up." Stiles says and I sigh.

"I don't have a phone."

Stiles groans and digs in his pockets and pulls out his cellphone and hands it to me before waving me away. I groaned and walked away and searched Stiles's contacts until I found one labeled Liam and hit the call button. It rung four times then went straight to voicemail. I tried again and still no answer. I sighed and walked back over to Stiles who was whispering to his friends and handed him his phone.

"He didn't pick up." I say with a smile. "Which means I'm going with you guys to... - Where are you going?" I ask and Stiles groans.

"We're helping with the investigation on that kid." Scott speaks up.

"And the horseman." The brown haired girl adds.

"Malia!" Stiles says strictly at the brown haired girl.

"What?"

"What's a horseman?"  I asked curiously. Stiles glares at Malia to make sure she doesn't say anything to take me out of this state of confusion.

"You aren't gonna tell her?" Scott asks Stiles calmly.

"No! I am not. She's been in town for two days, let the girl live a normal life." Stiles says to Scott and glances at me.

"My life is far from normal." I sigh.