8 // i can't remember where I got my jacket

WC!; 842

A/N; I apologize for the level of boringness in this chapter... I'm struggling to write this RIP.

I woke up in my own bed. I was still wearing the clothes I'd wore last night when I'd found the body. I don't even remember who took me home. I glanced at digital clock on my nightstand and jumped up. I was about to be late. I swapped out my clothes and grabbed a flannel jacket from my pile of clothes on the floor and ran downstairs. I stopped when I saw the note from my dad saying that he had to go to work early. If my dad was at work how am I supposed to get to school? I grabbed a granola bar and grabbed the house phone, flipping through the book of numbers laying beside it until I found the name; Liam Dunbar. I typed in his number and held the phone up to my ear.

***

Soon enough Liam picked me up and we were at school just in time for class. I thanked Liam before running inside. I couldn't be late on my first day. I sat in my seat at the back of class just as the bell rung. A few minutes into class I saw a girl in the seat beside me that I hadn't seen before. She looked older than me, possibly in her adult years. I looked around to see if anyone else saw her but everyone acted casually.

"Excuse me... Are you supposed to be in this class?" I ask the woman and she slowly turns her head to me and opens her mouth. A loud horn, like a train horn escaped her lips. It was horrible. I covered my ears then heard a voice.

"Remember me."

Then it all stopped. Nobody else seemed to be effected by the strange woman other than me.

***

In the hallways I saw Liam checking his phone by my locker and occasionally looking around. I walk up to him and he smiles.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi. Are you okay?" I ask him. He was acting strange...

"No, I'm fine. I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out after school." Liam says and sticks his phone in his pocket. I wondered why he didn't just ask Mason or Hayden but I grinned and nodded. Liam returned the smile.

"Hey, I have a free period right now and nobody to spend it with." I imply to Liam.

"I have class but... I think a free period with you is more exciting." Liam says and I grin once again and walk outside, when I do it's dark. The wind is blowing and I hear a voice the first one was Lydia saying that everyone was forgetting then my flannel jacket is shoved into my arms.

"That's yours, it always has been. Don't let them take it from you."

I didn't know where the voice had come from but I didn't have time to think before I was jerked into the middle of the parking lot.

"I love you so much Kylie."

Then someone grabs my arm and it was suddenly bright again. A car was barreling towards me but someone pulls me back. It was Liam. I was panting with fear.

"What's are you doing?" Liam asks me once I'm safely on the sidewalk.

"I-I don't know... It was night time... " I mumble. "I heard a voice."

"A voice? What'd it say?" Liam asked. I shook my head then look at my flannel jacket.

"Liam... Where did I get this jacket from?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Honestly...it kind of looks like a guys shirt." Liam mumbled then looked up at me. "Wait... It's not from you're boyfriend is it?"

"I...I don't think I have a boyfriend... But I think there a boy in my life that's missing." I mumble. "Where's Scott?"

"Probably getting ready for lacrosse practice which I am supposed to be doing." Liam says and I barge into the school and walk towards the boys locker room with Liam following me.

"What are you-" Liam begins but I ignore him and barge into the locker room a couple boys eye me strangely. Then I see Scott poke his head out of a section and walk over to me while pulling on a shirt.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asks me.

"Do you remember who I got this jacket from?" I ask him pointing to my jacket. I see Scott's nose crunch up.

"I don't know but there's a weird scent on it." He says in a low voice.

"I think... I think I have a brother. " I say and glance at Liam who was texting someone. I grab his phone and start searching his contacts. Instinctivly I went to the S's and there wss only one contact labeled "Sarah".

"Liam...I called you the other night after I saw Malia... Change. Who's phone did I call you off of?" I asked him and he hesitated before shrugging.

"I don't remember."