12 // the not - so invisible horseman

WC; 919

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and pulled my flannel jacket on over a black tank that I'd found in one of my dresser drawers. I wore some black jeans and a pair of combat boots before letting my dad drive me to Scott's house for the party. Once I stepped out of the car and my dad gave me the safety talk, I finally got inside the house. Music blared and I saw people already drunkly dancing. I looked around, searching for someone I might know. My eyes landed on Mason and Corey dancing happily. I didn't want to ruin, their fun so I decided to keep looking for Lydia, or possibly Malia, maybe even Liam so I could apologize for acting so childish. Even though Liam hadn't believed me when I said my brother was real, I still felt bad for getting angry. I started to push through the crowd of people, before I could move someone accidentally elbowed me straight in the nose causing me to fall to the ground. Nobody even acknowledged me while I was being trampled. I could feel blood pouring from my nose when suddenly I felt strong arms lift me up and pull me out of the crowd. I looked at my savior and recognized the one and only Liam Dunbar.

"Thanks." I say over the music and wipe the blood from my nose.

"Let's go get you cleaned up." Liam says and pulls me upstairs and into Scott's empty room, leading me into his bathroom. I tore off a piece of toilet paper and cleaned off my nose while Liam stood behind me.

"You okay?" He asks me, I turn around to face him and nod. He brung his hand up to my cheek and used his thumb to wipe off a drop of blood I missed.

"You know...if everything runs smoothly at this party. This could be considered a first date if you're okay with that." Liam grinned. I returned the smile.

"Knowing our lives, it's probably not going to be normal." I say, still looking closely at him. Before Liam could reply Mason ran into the room.

"Sorry guys, I um, I think Nathan's here." Mason says and Liam looks at me.

"Stay here, we'll finish this conversation in a bit." Liam says and I nod while Liam runs off. I wash my face before walking into Scott's bedroom and sit on his bed. The room was quiet, other than the forming storm outside. I remained staring at the window when it suddenly slid open. I stood up just as I see a man step into the window. He wore a black hat, his hair was covering his disgusting grey face. I backed away just as the man pulled out a whip and swung it towards me. I screamed when it struck my arm. I ran out of the room and down the stairs screaming. Liam was standing at the bottom of the steps and I ran to him. He grabbed my sides to steady me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"A Ghost Rider!" I screamed and he let me go.

"Go find Mason and Corey and stay with them!" Liam yelled over the commotion. I nodded and ran through the crowd until I saw Mason and Corey standing nearby the door. When Mason saw my freaked out expression he and Corey ran to my side.

"What's wrong?" Corey asks while Mason examined my now cut arm from the whip.

"The Ghost Rider. He's here, he attacked me." I say when suddenly Hayden ran over to us but didn't say a word. Mason grabbed a jar from a side table and started making a line with it's contents behind where Corey stood. Suddenly Corey leaned against a wall and disappeared. I grabbed Mason's arm when I saw the Ghost Rider walk past Liam and through the crowd. Suddenly Mason gasped beside me and Corey came back into view holding the Ghost Rider's arm. He'd made the thing visible to everyone else. All of the guests screamed and ran out the door leaving me and my friends... And Hayden, alone. The Ghost Rider slung Corey against a wall. Liam tried to attack the man but he just slung Liam with no problem.

"LIAM!" I screamed and Mason grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. I looked ahead and stopped Mason when I saw even more Ghost Riders. I dragged him back inside to where the Ghost Rider was now slamming his whip against a barrier that seemed to have been made by the ashes on the ground but it wasn't going to hold long. With one last strike of the whip the barrier broke and the whip twisted itself around my ankles, before the Ghost Rider could pull me away Hayden and Mason grabbed my arms while Mason and Corey tried to attack again but were once again thrown against a wall. Suddenly I heard another voice and the pop of a gun being fired.

"Freeze!" The voice belonged to Officer Parish. The Ghost Rider released me from the whip and I scooted back again Mason and he wrapped a protective arm around me in a friendly way. The Ghost Rider turned to Parish who showed no fear whatsoever. He had his pistol against thr Rider's head yelling for him to get on the floor. Suddenly a slight breeze flew into the room, moving around a few pieces of trash. Then, the Ghost Rider disappeared...