Chapter One:

A/N: This chapter is going to be pretty long. probably the only one that will be long like this. sorry. sorry! (A/N from the future: Oh honey, you thought)

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

As the bell rang, indicating that our last class for today has just ended, I got up as fast as I could from my seat.

Almost running. But I didn't. it would look suspicious.

I go to my locker, starting to spin the lock combination so I could open it.

Maybe if I'd be fast enough, they won't find me in time.

Maybe... maybe I could finish here and run as fast as I can to my bike...

Every day. Every single day. It's always the same. As a pattern.

But it seems I'm having trouble with the lock...

My hands are way too shaky, my mind seems to forget the combination correctly...

I notice some blur in the corner of my eyes, and then I know I'm screwed. They're here.

"Yo Zachary! What's taking you so long? We're waiting for you!" The blur shouts at me, just when I'm finally able to open my locker.

I sigh. I don't say a word, hoping that maybe if I'll ignore them, they'll ignore me.

But it doesn't work like this. Not in real life. Not with bullies, at least.

Every day. Every day after school I get beat up. Most of the time, nothing so serious, some black marks here, some blues over there, even some purples. Most of them aren't in such visual places. Most of the time.

"Have you lost the ability to speak, loser?" Another blur shouts. They laugh as if it was some funny joke.

I sigh again, as I finish putting my books at my locker. I close it and turning to the bunch of blurs, which now seems way clearer. I mean, how can I forget my bullies' faces? I see them all the time. Even in my dreams.

"C-can you... can you just make it quick? M-my... my shift at work is starting soon..."

It's quite pathetic, I know, not to try and stand up for yourself. But I did it in the past, never seemed to help. 

So I just stopped doing it. Accepting my fate. At least this is my last year. 

This is what I tell myself every night before I go to sleep, and every morning before I go to school.

"Ha! Quick???" Matthew laughs,

"You don't have a say in this really, Zachary, we can do it as we like!"