Chapter Thirty-six:

Zach's POV:

Ugh.

I hate alarms.

The clock showed 7 AM.

It felt like we went to sleep a minute ago.

I grumbled and tried to get up from the bed.

I couldn't, because something was pinning me down.

I looked down to see Brian's hand still wrapped around my waist.

I smiled to myself.

I tried to shake Brian up. When it didn't succeed, I started calling his name.

"Bri... Brian... BRIAN WAKE UP!" I yelled.

Brian almost jumped out of the bed, but thankfully, he finally woke up.

"Jesus Christ Zach, why are you yelling so early in the morning?!" he asked.

"I tried to wake you up for the past five minutes. The only thing that worked was shouting at you" I replied.

I took the advantage of being free from his grip and I got up from the bed.

"ugh. Can't we just skip school today? I'm tired as hell" Brian sighed.

"no, we can't. you don't want to piss my mom right before breakfast. I was about to tell her you're coming back to the bakery. You are coming back, right?" I asked.

"well, I didn't quit from that piano place yet, but I'm gonna do it soon now that I know your psychotic date is one of the owners," Brian said as he rolled out of bed.

"he's what?" I yelled.

"You didn't know? I was 100% sure it's the first thing he mentioned to you... my manager told me that. His family owns the entire chain of those restaurants. So, basically, he's the owner" Brian said.

Ugh.

"so that's why he told me he knows the owners, what a douche"

"yep"

"well, I'm going to brush my teeth and take a shower. You can dress yourself up in the meanwhile" I told Brian and started heading to the bathroom.

"how about we'll share a shower together?" Brian chuckled.

I turned around to glare at him.

"Zach, I'm joking, it's a joke"