Chapter Two:

Zach's POV:

I reach to the bakery.

All red and sweaty.

But it's time to put my game face on.

All is well, school day was great, how was your day so far, mom?

I enter the bakery.

A Warm and sugary scent hit me.

My favorite kind of scent. I could stay here all day.

Most days, I actually wish I could stay here all day instead of walking to school.

The bell above the door rings as I open it.

"Zachary? Is that you sweetie?" I hear my mom asking back from the kitchen.

"yes mom, sorry I'm so late" I'm panting.

"it's ok sweetie! Can you come back here? Help me decorate the cupcakes please?"

"Sure mom!"

I love decorating cupcakes.

I prefer cakes though, more working space, more options, also most of the cake orders are customs, while the cupcakes are being served regularly.

I start piping the icing, making small flower shapes in many colors.

I could do this for hours.

This is so relaxing, helps me to step out of my head for a minute, and forget how shitty my life is.

Well, maybe they aren't that shitty. I love my family. I love my job. It's just my social life that is complete trash.

If you can even call it social life...

I hear the bell ring again,

"Hello? Is anyone home?"

I recognize Miss Lemon's voice. Although her last name is lemon, she's sweet as hell.

She lives right across the bakery, she's around the age of 80 and treats me like I'm her grandson, I love her a lot, and she really is like a second (or should I say third) grandma to me.

"Hello, Lilly! I'll be out in second!" I yell to her from the back.

"take your time kiddo, I'll just look around meanwhile"

"Hello, Lilly! How may I help you today?" I smile at her.

"just came around for some bread, I thought about changing it up a little bit, maybe one from whole wheat? Maybe one with raisins? What do you recommend?"

"raisins? Ew, those are gross Lilly! No offense mom!" I raise my voice a little more so my mom could hear my apology.

Raisins are just wrong. Why would anyone take such beautiful delicious grapes and turn them into dry sticky shrunken grossness?

"I think raisins are delicious. And they are good for your focus, you should start eating them in your classes, maybe it could help you get better grades..." my mom says.

"my grades are just fine mom!"

They really are. Nothing less than a B. but mostly B's. and B's are not A's, so as for my mom, my grades are horrible.

"here Lilly, this is whole wheat bread, and it has a lot of seeds inside of it, it's really good!"

"thank you, my dear... Zachary! What happened to your hand???" Miss Lemon pulled my hand, I didn't notice I rolled my sleeve and there were plenty of black and blue bruises on it.

"It's nothing Lilly. really. I swear."

"are those guys from school giving you a hard time again?"

"Just don't tell my mom, please!"

"you've got to learn to stand up for yourself Zachy, you're too nice, I should come to school and kick their asses!"

I just smile. Even an 80 years old lady is braver than me.

I hear the bell go off again, but I don't bother looking up. I'm still embarrassed by what Lilly saw and said.

"Hello! I'd like to make an order for a customized cake for my son's birthday!" I hear a sweet high-pitched voice from the counter.

"of course, my son will come to help you in a second! He's the master of cakes! Come here Lilly, I'll bill it up for you" my mom smile.

As I want to move to the front of the counter, I freeze. I recognize this... back. I recognize this behind.

I know it's a weird thing, to recognize a person from it back, but when you're being bullied as I do, you learn how to memorize your bullies from every angle.

"what's wrong Zach?" Lilly notice and ask.

"N-nothing! I'm fine!"

That till the silhouette turns around to my direction,

"Zach? Do you... do you work here?" Brian smirks.

Great. Just great.

"who's that, Zach?" my mom asks.

"J-just a friend... from school," I say to her, ignoring Brian's confused look at me.

What did he expect for me to say?

'Hey mom, this is Brian, my beloved bully, who makes my life worse than hell itself!'

Yeah, I prefer to lie.

"A friend? Well, I guess that since he's your friend, we can make a special price for him!" she smiles happily.

She rarely sees a friend of mine back at home, then let alone at our bakery.

Great. My bully isn't even gonna pay a full price.

I wonder how hard it is to buy cyanide. Maybe I could add it to his cake or something.

I walk behind the counter, next to the cashier.

"so, what can I get you?" my voice is shaking, and I pray no one has noticed, I lock my eyes with Brian and he's just smirking.

What's so funny? How can I make his stupid grin to disappear?

---------------------------------

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry it took me so long to post. 

I hope I could post another chapter around Friday maybe :)

don't forget to comment and vote!

xoxo