Chapter Twenty-one:

A/N: ***this is me trying to squeeze in another chapter before I start another insane week of work, please forgive me for any typos***

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

That ring... that annoying ring.

Where is it coming from?

My hands trailed up and down the bed,

Till they reached the vibrating device. (A/N: please don't)

What time is it anyway?

Why is it so dark?

"H...Hello?" I answered the phone.

My voice was raspy and low.

"Zach? Did I wake you up?"

I recognized Brian's voice from the other side of the line.

"I... I think so, what time is it anyway?"

"about 9:30 PM, I was just calling to check if you're not bailing on me tonight"

"what are you talking about?" I rubbed my eyes, still confused.

"you asked earlier today if I wanna hang out with you tonight, I said yes, and I called to check if you're still down with your plans"

"what day is it?"

"it's Friday night Zach. For how long have you been sleeping?"

"I'm not sure honestly..." I wiped the drool on the back of my pajama sleeve.

"so I assume you wanna cancel, right? You sound tired. Go back to sleep" Brian sighed.

"what? No, I'm up, I'll just get ready and we can go out. Won't take me more than fifteen minutes!" I jerked out of my bed.

"it's ok, you don't have to force yourself up..." Brian started to say, but I cut him off immediately.

"Nonsense! I'm getting dressed and I'm heading out. Be ready in ten minutes! I'm coming to pick you up! What are we doing anyway?"

"well, I wanted to ask you earlier, but you haven't answered my texts, neither the last six calls I made, so, I don't know what we are doing myself..." Brian sighed again.

"you called me six times?!" I blushed just from thinking about it.

"well, technically, seven times. Including this call"

"wow. I slept really hard... I'm sorry"

"it's ok, I guess you really needed it."

"Yeah, I guess so too. Um, so, what are we doing tonight?" I asked, again.

"well, do you wanna come over to my place? We can have a movie night. My parents aren't at home, so no one will interrupt us."

"you don't have any siblings?"

"I have two. But they're older and don't live at home anymore."

"Um, ok, that sounds nice. Should I bring anything?"

"yourself. And I guess money for some pizza or something. I've got all the rest."