Chapter Fifty-nine:

Zach's POV:

"excuse me!?" Olivia snapped as I was visiting her at work.

"yeah"

"what do you mean he wants you to walk by yourself!? Then why is he your boyfriend?"

"uh, well..."

"and are you ok with this?"

I stayed silent.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how I was feeling about it.

Like yeah, I'm pissed. I really wanted to go with Brian to prom.

Then again, I didn't want to come out to my entire school yet...

Not that everyone was already pretty aware of it, thanks to Matthew shouting it whenever he sees me in the hallway.

"I mean, I'm not so sure how I feel about it" I finally said.

"well, I'm sure he has a good reason why not take you to prom... I'm sure he'd wish he could take you though, in some way" Fred jumped into the conversation.

"ugh Fred, please, don't try to defend him! Do you have any idea how important prom is to us girls?! And gay guys?!" Olivia snarked at him.

"it's just prom" Fred rolled his eyes.

"ok, no offense sweetie, but I'm just gonna ignore you for the rest of this conversation... oh, and don't you think I'll settle for some lame 'will you be my prom date' banner in the cafeteria, be creative, think big! anyway, Zach, you got to tell Brian how you actually feel about it" Olivia said.

Fred just sighed.

"but I don't know how I feel about it myself, I mean, he has a point, do I really want to come out to everyone on prom night?" I asked her.

"Tell him or I will," Olivia said.

"Olivia, don't you dare! Ugh, I can't tell you anything anymore..." I whined.

"Just tell him you think it could be nice to go together, but that you understand his side as well, I mean I'm sure he feels bad about not taking you already..." Fred said.

"I will Fred... thanks," I said and grabbed my backpack.

It was almost time for my therapy appointment, and I didn't want to be late.

---------------------------------

"is it bad I want my boyfriend to take me to prom?" I asked my psychologist. Her name was Belle smith. I just called her Belle. and she just called me Zach.