Auditory Hallucination

They reached their destination after an entire day of journey.

"Why the carriage runs so slow?" she mumbled tiredly.

"It is the fastest vehicle these days" A maid replied.

Whaaaat! Bullet trains, your ancestor is not impressive at all. Sigh'

It was dawn when they reached, Gongsun Li couldn't get a wink of sleep due to the jerking of that bloody ancestor of a bullet train. However, when she thought she could get sleep, she was called to the king of the chamber. So hateful!

When she was about to knock at the chamber's door drowsily, Someone whispered behind her ears,

"No matter what you do, remember your life is always on the line."

Gongsun Li instantly turned back to see who it was. "Who is there?" she asked to no one.

"I am your subconscious, you idiot!"

"Eh? How come you are back?" she asked her subconscious.

"I can't afford to lose my existence when you die in the hands of that emperor being your pathetic foolish self!"

Selfish!!! Even her subconscious only thinks of itself. True, the world has no mercy at all, tears'!

Taking a deep breath, she knocked at the door. After some time, the chamber doors opened wide, and a heavenly sight appeared before her eyes.

Zhu Zhen was indulged in studying the thin white robe draped all over his body giving a drool-worthy view of him. Eyes down, checking out the papers, sitting with a straight back he was nothing less than a greek god. suddenly, Gongsun Li felt a sense of loss. If only, if only she had a camera right now, she could capture a perfect front cover of any well-known magazine, Sigh'

Feeling an intent gaze, the emperor turned his head to her side. Caught off guard, she bowed instantly and blurted,

"Your highness, jianqie (this lowly concubine) is at your service"

"Hmm," the king gave a slight nod and again indulged in his study.

Gongsun Li's eyes started twitching.

So hateful! so hateful! If he didn't need her, why did he summon her here? Her precious beauty sleep was disturbed!!! sob sob'

Seeing that she was still standing there like a statue, the king raised his perfect thick eyebrows at her.

Dumbfounded, she tilted her head with confusion.

Watching her foolish expression, the king murmured, "fool!" and ordered her,
"Brew tea for Zhen."

Eh? Okay, she could do that. Gongsun Li went to the tea table at the corner of the chamber and started brewing tea. She was trained all about the emperor's preferences, so she made it perfectly.

When she took the tea to the emperor, he was still engrossed in those papers.

"Your highness, your tea."

Zhu Zhen took the cup and started sipping while checking out the papers. Noticing his little concubine was still standing there, he looked at her face, his lips curving upwards unintentionally.

'So, she wants appreciation.' He thought.

"The tea is good"

"Eh?"

Gongsun Li felt like she was on cloud nine. To receive appreciation from the emperor, was not a little achievement. Her eyes sparkled and a huge grin appeared on her face.
"Really? The tea was good?"