Home, Sweet Home😍

Song Jian looked at the lost man before him. They were playing chess but that man's heart was not right there.

After observing the emperor for a while he sighed,

"His highness looks deep lost in thought. I think that little concubine of yours has something to do about it"

Zhu Zhen looked at his best friend with surprise.

Was he that obvious?

However, sighing tiredly he looked outside the window, his fingers making circles on the corner of table..

"She...is sulking. Not talking to me for days"

Song Jian eyed the grown man sitting before him who was now looking like a teenager discussing his love problems.

Sigh! The day he feared the most finally came.

He and Zhu Zhen grew up together. The emperor was always an ambitious man...
He had an unquenchable thirst for conquering and didn't want to compromise it with anything....

However, according to Zhu Zhen,the main element that could hinder his success was women and only women. So he refused to take a wife.

After being crowned as an emperor, his mother tried to persuade him to take concubines.

This old lady wants chubby grandchildren!

So, to cool off his mother's temperament, he invented a new way.

He agreed to have concubines, but only from lowly backgrounds and demoted their rank.

Thus all of them ended up as maids in the imperial palace.

It's not that concubines didn't try to climb his bed. They tried but all of them were banished to the Guan State secretively. Then the king himself spread the rumors that whoever sleeps with the king doesn't live to see the next morning....

Even after all of his calculative steps, a little concubine with nothing special wrapped him around her little finger.... What an irony of fate!

Song Jian suddenly felt pity for this man..

"Then, your highness should try to persuade her."

"Zhen tried. She pretends not to listen... Just does her job and leaves"

"Leaves! To where?"the General smiled.

"Her room"

Song Jian suddenly burst out laughing...
Zhu Zhen was transfixed at his friend's behavior..

Was he laughing at my misery?

Noticing his fierce glare, Song Jian suppressed his laugh. He loved his precious life anyway.

Leaning his head closer to the emperor, he matched his gaze with Zhu Zhen's. A mischievous grin appeared on his lips as he let the next words out slowly,

"She is your wife, your majesty. Why should she have a room of her own?"

Faraway... G.Li felt her heart suddenly clenched with an ominous feeling.

Why do I feel like something really bad is gonna happen?

👘👘👘👘👘👘👘

G.Li was confused with the king's sudden change of behaviour.

All these days Zhu Zhen tried his best to initiate a conversation but she didn't give in....

It's not that she was angry, she was not...
She was actually scared.