A kiss

"Stop!", she ran to Zhu Zhen who didn't even bother to look at her and continued his punches like a madman.

"Please stop.", In her panicked state, she stood between Zhu Zhen and An Ran.

"Get away, Li'er. I don't want to hurt you." his eyes were blood red with rage matching the color of An Ran's blood on his fist.

"Plea-

Zhu Zhen carefully thrust her aside again continuing his assault but in a second, soft hands turned him aside.

"I said I don't want to hur-

His statement was cut off by two soft lips and his bloody fist were taken around the small waist of his wife.

G.Li kissed him with everything she had, her hands buried in his hair to keep him in place.

To say Zhu Zhen was shocked would be an understatement of the decade, he could move those small lips away with a flick of his finger but he didn't want to. He wanted the kiss to last forever and so, he returned her kiss with full force. All the rage, anger, disgust leaving his body like it was never there.

She kissed him! She kissed him on her own!

A lone tear dropped down his left cheek and met their united lips.

Oh heavens, he missed her so much! So so much!

G.Li slowly separated their lips making him whimper.

"No! Kiss me again!" Zhu Zhen ordered with agitation as he again pulled her lips in a violent kiss.

"Don't stop! Don't you dare stop!" he mouthed in between the kisses pulling her impossibly close to him.

G.Li moved her lips to his cheeks, his eyes, his forehead as if remembering every part of his face and finally stopped brushing her nose with hers, her arms wrapped around his neck in a stranglehold.

Zhu Zhen's eyes were tightly shut, his bloody fists shaking on her waist as tears after tears dropped down his cheeks.

"I thought I lost you. For ever", he whispered against her lips before brushing his lips on hers.

"You didn't! I was about to return, I would return to you." she reassured him again and again.

A cold laugh escaped his lips as if he didn't believe her a bit.

"I know I am crazy for you, love but I am not a fool. You were trying to run away with him, weren't you?" his voice radiated danger as he bit out every word, his grip around her tightening with the return of his rage.

"No! Trust me, I would be back. I just wanted to help him run because you kept him in cell despite of him being innocent. He is my friend, your highness, I couldn't see him suffer."

"But you could see me suffer. You know I can't live without you, I can't function without you, still you left! You left!" Zhu Zhen's grip on her hardened to the point of pain.

"I am sorry", her voice was shaken with the realization of the depth of his feelings for her.

"I won't go anywhere from now, I promise. Just let him go." she pleaded softly while brushing her fingers on his cheek.

The emperor's gaze was deep on her, but they flashed with danger as he stated,

"Okay, but let me tell you, if you ever leave my side, that boy will not live to see the next sunrise."