3. She's an athlete?

Star's POV:

The next day I woke up before my alarm even rang. Wow what a surprise, I thought and someone did say it aloud. I jumped a bit and saw my mom stood in the doorway chuckling. "Good morning to you too mom. What are you doing here?" I asked with a brow raised. "Oh I came to get some of your conditioner since I ran out of mine. I guess its going to rain today" she said with a teasing smile.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "Yeah mom. I'm surprised myself". She just smiled shaking her head and went back to her room. Meanwhile I stretched myself and stared at my closet, deciding what to wear. It took only a few minutes before I chose black jean, white hoodie and white converse.

I quickly got ready and joined them both for the breakfast. "Morning sweetie!" my dad smiled while finishing up his breakfast. "morning dad" I smiled and ate the cereal. "I've to go now dear. Mom will drop you today" he said standing up from the table. "okay bye dad" I waved at him.

Mom drove me to school. We both were singing songs and laughing all the way. It's been a must-do thing whenever mom and I went together. Dad and I just drive quietly.

I saw Nina chatting with her friends and walking towards the school entrance while getting out of the car. "Bye mom" I said her and walked towards the entrance.

I didn't talk to Nina since her friends were all around her. I just smiled and waved at her before Jake caught up with me. We went to our classes together. I didn't see Nina until again during lunch but again her friends were with her. I felt too nervous which she seemed to notice. She stood up and walked to me.

I got more nervous I didn't know why. Calm down Star I told to myself. "Hey come join us" she smiled and dragged me to the table her friends were all seated at.

"Everyone, this is Starlyn, Starlyn this is George, Jane, Jocelyn, Nick and Tyler" she said pointing out each. I tried to remember them all and sat beside Nina. We didn't really have enough space but I was skinny enough to sit between Nina and Jocelyn. "We've heard so much about you Starlyn" Jane said. I blinked. "uh.. what have you heard??" I asked in confusion because I'm new here and I don't have any friend other than Nina, and her group now. Maybe Jake told them?

"Nothing much. Just that you're Jake's cousin, your parents are famous business people and you love basketball" Jane said to end my confusion. I wasn't surprised when they knew my father because he practically knows almost everyone in this city and everyone knew him, and my mom is insanely successful at the company she works. But my liking about basketball, Nina had told them. She's been talking about me to them? Wow.

"Oh uh yeah.." I smiled awkwardly. Nina noticed my awkwardness and changed the topic about how her volleyball tryouts went. I ate in silence, listening to the conversation the whole time. George tried to flirt with me but shut up when Nina shot him a glare. It was pretty terrifying when she glared. She had one arm around my waist to which I tensed up but then calmed down. I felt safe(?).

"Why didn't you tryout for basketball Star?" Nina asked. "I love basketball but I'm more of an athlete. You know, I do track events" I smiled. "Oh really? That's great! You can come with me for tryouts today" Jocelyn perked up.

"But I don't have my running shoes or clothes.." I was trailed off. "We have gym clothes and you can run with your sneakers for today. The coach will excuse you" she smiled. "Okay then" I smiled back. We talked more and I came to know that the guys are all basketball players and Jane was student body president. The bell rang and we all went to our classes.

Nina and I had almost same schedule everyday except I have physics 1st period on Monday while she had math. We spent most time together.

After our last class, Jocelyn took me for the tryouts while Nina went for her volleyball practice. Tryouts ended earlier than I thought so we decided to change and watch the volleyball practice. I texted my mom to pick me an hour later than usual time due to tryouts for which she replied that she and dad are busy so a driver will pick me up.

I was sitting on the bleachers while watching Nina play. To be honest she looked kinda hot in shorts and t shirt. They weren't really short, stopped right above the knee. "She looks kinda hot" I blurted out. Jocelyn gave me a face, smirking and smiling. I cursed in my head and looked away. Nina smiled when she saw Jocelyn and even wider when she saw me. I waved, grinning back at her. "Someone's getting special attention" Jocelyn said, smirking. "Wh-what? Nothing like that!" I stuttered and looked away in embarrassment. She just shook her head chuckling.

The practice soon ended and 3 of us went out together. I noticed my driver waiting for me. "Okay guys, my driver's here. See you guys on Monday!" I smiled. "Oh alright. Bye Star" Nina waved smiling while Jocelyn said something which I guess was a bye. She was laughing at me and Nina. I just rolled my eyes and went to my car with a wide smile.

"Someone's happy" said Jason my driver while looking at me through the rearview mirror. "Yeah Jason. Now keep your eyes on the road and drive. I want to go home safe" I said giggling. He just laughed and drove us home.

Nina's POV:

I was chatting with my friends while walking towards the entrance. Then I saw Starlyn getting out of a car, driven by her mother I guess. She always looks beautiful. Not the eye catching or stunning beautiful. The naturally beautiful which is not seen by everyone. She smiled and waved at me. I thought she would join me but she didn't. She went with Jake. I felt disappointed. "Hey everything okay?" Jane asked. "Huh? Yeah everything fine" I smiled. She nodded and continued with her conversation.

Was she avoiding me? Then I remembered how she didn't feel comfortable around many people. She's not avoiding me. She's just feeling uncomfortable to talk to me in front of my friends. I went to class with my friends.

We both shared a few classes like English, PE and chemistry. But they were all in the afternoon. Guess I'll see her in lunch then.

Just as I guessed, I saw her during lunch. When I introduced her to my friends, I could see she was nervous but masked it with a smile. There wasn't much place but she was skinny so she fit perfectly between Jocelyn and I. My friends were cool with her. We talked normally while she just listened. The glare I shot George made him shut up when he tried to flirt with her. She was pretty scared too. Am I that terrifying?

When I put my arm around her waist, she tensed up that I thought it was a bad idea. But then she calmed down and I sighed in relief to myself. It was a surprise when she told me she was an athlete. She's skinny and it didn't really say she was an athlete but then, who am I to judge?

Soon, the bell rang and we went to our classes. After school ended Jocelyn came by and took Starlyn with her for the tryouts. I hope she makes it. I made my way towards gym for practice. I changed into shorts and t shirt and started my warm up.

"okay girls. We'll just practice for today since a few are new here" the coach said. We all nodded and started practicing. Halfway through practice, when I did my serve something caught my eye. I saw Jocelyn. I smiled at her. Then I saw Starlyn with her. My smile widened. She waved back shyly, grinning at me. Aww so cute! Wait what? I shook my head and concentrated on practice.

As soon as practice ended I showered, changed and caught up with them both. The 3 of us went out together. Jane would've come with us but she had no meeting today.

When we went out I saw a black car waiting, among several other cars moving out. "Okay guys, my driver's here. See you guys on Monday!" she smiled. "Oh alright. Bye Star" I said waving at her while Jocelyn said a bye in between her laughter. This girl laughs at literally everything. But why was she laughing at both of us? I just shrugged it off and got into Jocelyn's car.

I wish I had my car but it needs to be repaired and I hate the bus. It makes me walk home from my stop. We reached home. I hugged Jocelyn and skipped into my home. "What's up sister you look happy?" My brother asked. I ruffled his hair and plopped on the couch. "Nothing kid! Just a good day" I smiled and watched tv. Thankfully my mom was home tonight. We had a movie marathon as a family after dinner and I slept peacefully.

A/N: Thank you for reading. Love you all <3