10. One last meet up

Star's POV:

So it's been a week since the breakup. And I'm doing pretty fine. I guess. I spent the weekend thinking over everything. Now I'm wondering if I really loved her or not. Sure I care about her still because we were friends before we started dating. After a lot of roaming around the city and deep soul to soul talks with a few friends I've managed to make myself feel a little peaceful.

It's Sunday night now and I'm laying on my bed reading a book. Re reading Harry Potter actually because come on who doesn't? I'm currently reading the 3rd book and things are pretty Sirius. Haha see what I did there?

As I was about to close the book I heard my mobile light up with a notification. Message from Jackie. I actually blocked her for a few days but something made me unblock her yesterday. I opened it.

J: hey I'm really sorry you probably don't want to hear me out but can we please meet up? Fall break is coming up so..

J: pls? Just lemme take you out for ice cream. I won't try anything. Just.. let's talk? Lmk if you want to.

Might as well hear what she has to say, now that I'm not that mad at her. You're probably wondering how come I'm not mad at someone who cheated me for a month, that I dated for 6 months. I know. But that's just who I am. I'd like to listen both sides. Yes my angry reactions are nuclear and I act upon instinct at first. But that doesn't stop me from letting the person talk.

S: fine. We can meet up on Wed at Cold Stone. Meet me there at 5 pm.

J: omg thank you so much. I thought you wouldn't agree. I'll meet you there.

S: yeah sure bye

Okay. Fall break starts Wednesday though I'm not sure why they would start the break on Wednesday instead of Monday. I guess this school is weird like that. Cold Stone is a close to my home so not a problem. Hopefully this goes well.

I fall asleep soon, tired from being in bed all day and reading a shit ton of books.

Nina's POV:

Ever since Starlyn said about the breakup I couldn't help but be more concerned towards her. I mean, I know how breakups are and how that shit affects a person. But she seems to be taking it better that I thought. That's a good thing because I hate seeing her sad.

We've been hanging out a less than usual due to lots of work at school. Lunches are the only time we hang out but for past 3 days she's been eating by herself or with one or two classmates from computers class. We only spent 2 lunches together and all the others times we're together are at classes. It didn't seem much of a big deal to either of us because I like to spend time alone with my friends too and she seems to be understanding.

Since fall break is coming up the teachers it'd be nice to give us a ton of homework to do over the break. Like that's not what break is for! But of course they like to give us work because I quote my physics teacher 'a week without studies is a waste of time and distracts us from achieving our goals'. He hates us I'm telling you.

Currently I'm sitting at my desk trying to focus on my biology book. I've been procrastinating for more than an hour now and I haven't completed half the lesson in the past 2 Hours. At this rate I'm never getting into medical school.

Scrolling through social media and overthinking my life decisions. A bad habit I'm unable to let go of. I sighed and put everything away to relax my mind or I'm gonna go crazy.

Eventually I end up finishing one chapter and am proud of myself really. Now I can relax freely and do whatever I want and that is, painting.

Star's POV: