Oneshot: Todd x Jock!Reader||You're smart right?

You're smart right?

Warnings:Longgggg, and poorly written.

Backstory: You are the best runner on the track team. ( Running was a good unisex sport + if you're not a good runner ya are now.)

Your point of view

I sat in math, trying to find the answer to the problems we assigned. It wasn't TO hard just a 'find x' type, but when I work, I get easily distracted. I'd go from my work, to the teacher, to someone  across the room, to the ginger in front of me. I really couldn't help it, and because of my unfinished work I knew my grades didn't look to good.

When the bell rang, I stood up and grabbed my things. Then I made my way to Mrs. Packerton to give her my unfinished assignment.
"(Y/N)? Could you stay for a second?" I stopped and nodded to her, while the other students glanced at me as the left.
When everyone was out Mrs. Packerton turn to me.
"(Y/N), I'm afraid to say you're four points away from failing my class." She said, as she looked to me.

I was a bit stunned when she said that, I didn't think it was that bad.
"M-mrs. Packerton, is there away way I could bring it up? I can't leave the team!" She nodded and pulled out a file.
"This file is all of your failed tests. I'll let you retake them, but you'll have to study hard. I'd recommend finding a tutor." She said, as she put the file back in her desk.

" O-ok ma'am, I won't let you down!" I said, turning out of the room. As I walked to my locker, my mind was racing. I wouldn't call myself the best, but everyone on my team says I'm the best runner they have. So if I get kicked out, our winning streak would be over!... Probably.

I was lost in thought when I made it to my locker. I opened it and grabbed my book for my next class. When I closed my locker I turned to my right to see one of the smartest kids in school, Todd. We actually had Mrs. Packerton together, he sat in front of me. He's always done before anyone in the class, and gets really good grades.

I was somewhat intimidated by him now that I needed his help. I gulped and made my way over to him. When I walked up to his side, he stopped what he was doing and looked at me. I rubbed the back of my neck and looked away saying,
"You're-You're smart, right?" He just stared at me for a second and then closed his locker.

"I guess you could say so... why?" I looked at him and said in an almost whisper.
"I-I need a tutor for math... and I know you're pretty good at it soooo..." He stopped for a second and put the book he way holding under his arm.
" Are... are you free tomorrow?" Todd ask raising a brow. Tomorrow was Friday, and while I'd rather do nothing that day, I had to raise my grade.

"Yeah, I'm free." I crossed my arms as I leaned on the lockers next to me.
"Ok do you know where The Addison Apartments is?" I nodded, so he continued. " Be there at 3:00 pm, I live in 202." I nodded again, and as he started to walk away I whispered,
" Thank you, Todd." He stopped and looked over his shoulder and said.
"No problem." I watched him walk away for a second and then made my way to my next class.

On Friday, when the end of the day came, I was actually pretty nervous. I was afraid of looking stupid in front of him, which was strange. I was normally pretty outgoing and ok with people, but he felt different, I wasn't sure why.

It had been raining all day so I had the hood on my hoodie up as I walked to the apartments. While not many people visit the apartments, everyone knew faintly of it, it was like a land mark in a way. As I walked up to the brick building, I looked up at the boarded windows of the top floor. The apartments wasn't the prettiest thing to look at, but if it could give people a home, then it was ok in my book.