Chapter 11

"Hello sunshine" Lily says as she walks out of the bathroom, dressed in only a towel after having just showered.

It was about 24 hours after she had moved into Kurt's place in Olympia and though she'd never lived with him before, she was surprised to see him up while the sun was still up.

"You're up early" She observes keenly, looking down at the guitar in his hands and he shrugs.

"I was just messing around" He says vaguely as he kisses her in greeting.

"Care to share?" She asks.

He shakes his head and puts down the guitar, instead reaching for their new kitten, Quisp, whom Kurt had named after Lily's favorite sugary cereal.

"Please Kurt, all your songs lately have been so good." Lily begs as she walks into the bedroom to get dressed. She throws Kurt's green crew neck sweatshirt and a pair of underwear before walking back into the main room and sitting down next to Kurt on the couch.

He doesn't answer, displaying his usual stubbornness and Lily laughs in spite of herself.

"Fine if you won't play me your new song do you want to hang outside for a little while? Its so beautiful today." She asks and he nods.

"Only if I can bring the cat" He counters.

"Deal. Let me just put on pants and I'll meet you in the yard" Lily replies, squeezing his shoulder and walking back into the bedroom. She pulls on a pair of denim cut-offs and in a split second decision she grabs her camera. She thought she'd commemorate her and Kurt's first few days of living together.

She goes outside where Kurt is already seated on the grass, moving around a stick in order to get Quisp excited. She takes a picture of him quickly, knowing he'd complain once he realized what she was doing.

"Lil" He groans a second later but concedes to a few more pictures being taken.

"Please, you just look so cute today" She says, snapping a photo of the cat on his arm.

"Is this what my life is going to be like from now on?" Kurt asks, suppressing a smile and Lily grins back at him.

"Get used to it baby" She says, taking one more photo before conceding and putting down the camera. They sit outside, playing with their new pet for another half an hour before Lily checks her watch.

"Are Krist and Dave coming over today?" She asks and Kurt nods.

"Not till tonight"

"I'm going to go in and clean up a little" Lily says a few seconds later. She goes back into the house and starts organizing what was left of her boxes so things don't look too cluttered.

"Lily, they don't care what the house looks like" Kurt says as he comes back in.

"I care" She replies without looking up from a box of books, "Do you think you guys will want something to eat?"

"My stomach hurts" He shrugs, "They might want something though. Didn't your mom put food in the freezer when she came by yesterday?"

Lily nods, "I want to say she left us vegetable lasagna, chicken enchiladas, and some soups"

"We can heat up the lasagna" Kurt replies before picking up his guitar again and beginning to strum. Lily tries not seem like she's paying too much attention, she knows Kurt is very sensitive about his songs and doesn't want him to get too self-conscious.

However a few seconds in he surprises her by calling out for her opinion.

"What do you think of this?" He asks, playing her the beginning of a song up to what she thinks is a chorus.