Chapter 38

Please let me know what you think of this chapter, and the direction of this story!! I'd appreciate it so much ☺️ thank you & love to each and every one of you ❤️

Lily wakes up disoriented in a hospital bed. She opens her eyes and is even more confused when she sees Kurt standing over her, looking terrified.

When he realizes she is conscious again his facial expression changes in a frenzied way, "Lily, Lil, are you up? Are you ok?" He asks frantically.

Suddenly memories of what happened flood Lily's mind: the speeding, the drinking, and the crash.

"What's going on?" She murmurs, looking around "Am I at Grey's Harbor?"

Kurt nods, "We got into an accident when you were driving, I was distracting you and you drove into a barrier." He says, reaching for her hand.

"What?" She cries out, moving to sit up and realizing one arm is in a sling and the other is hooked up to an IV.

Kurt is so obviously panicked he looks as though he might start crying at any minute, "Lil you're ok—" He begins again but he's cut off by the sound of Shelli's voice. Lily had almost forgotten she'd made Shelli her emergency contact after the overdose.

"Get away from her Kurt, get the fuck away from her!" She screams, pushing him out of the way and Kurt is too stunned to do anything but go to the back corner of the room.

Following behind her is Krist, looking terrified and livid all at the same time.

"Shellz, wait, you don't even know—" He begins but she turns to him, tears streaming down her face.

"We know enough" Krist growls.

Just then a nurse, a doctor, and a security guard barge into the room. The commotion in Lily's hospital room was probably the most drama this small town hospital had ever seen.

"What is going on in here?" The security guard yells.

"You cannot all be in here, anyone who's not family, I want you out of the room" The nurse follows up.

Everyone starts protesting at once and she shakes her head to silence them, "I want you all out."

"You told me I could stay before!" Kurt yells angrily.

"I'm her emergency contact!" Shelli also exclaims.

"Emergency contact can stay, everyone else has lost their privileges—no matter how long they were in here before" The doctor says, looking directly at Kurt.

Before any of them can argue anymore the security guard shepherds Kurt and Krist out of the room. The only people left are Lily, Shelli and the doctor.

"Well Miss Hopper it seems that since you're awake now is as good of a time as any to talk to you" He says.

He goes on to explain to her and Shelli all the injuries Lily sustained in the crash. She'd dislocated her shoulder, suffered a minor concussion, and had stitches on her cheek and forehead. The doctor also re-reminds her the same thing the doctor at the last hospital had told her about drugs, this time with an additional segment on drunk driving.

This time instead of arguing or trying to convince him she's fine, Lily cries through the entire lecture.

Shelli rubs her back protectively and nods along with the doctor, asking the questions Lily would've been asking had she been in a normal state of mind.

After the doctor is done he tells Lily she's free to go whenever she's ready. She and Shelli thank him as he leaves the room.

Without words Lily takes off her gown, puts on her clothes and sits back down on the bed.