A New World

In San Francisco, California, Tom Wachowski is putting on his police outfit on and his badge in his shirt pocket

"Honey! Time for breakfast!" Michaela, his wife called him down.

Tom looks in the mirror with his shades on and said, "Showtime." He walks downstair and see his wife and his 9 month old daughter, Elise in a highchair.

"Morning, Mr. Police man." Michaela said as she kissed him.

"Morning, hun. Wow you went through a lot of trouble this morning." Tom said as he sat down and eat his breakfast.

"Hey there, princess. Wow she's getting big. Look at those cheeks. We have a good looking kid, Michaela. I know people say that all the time, but it's true." Tom said.

"She has your laugh. Don't you, Elise?" Michaela said as the baby laughed.

"Really? You sure she didn't fart?" Tom joked.

"No, she a lady." Michaela said.

"I'm just joking babe." Tom said.

Michaela drops Tom at the police station as he anxious to start his new job. 

"I wish my father would see me in his police uniform." Tom said.

"I'm sure he's looking down smiling at you, Tom. Don't worry you'll be fine. You got this." Michaela gives Tom a little confident boost.

"Thanks, Michaela. Wish me luck. So you tonight." Tom kissed Michaela goodbye as he got out of car and walks into the Police Department.                                                                                          

It was his first day as an officer. He enters the community room as the rest of the officers comes in for the meeting. A guy named, Harold sat next to him and introduce himself.

"Hey, you must be the rookie. I'm Harold. Harold Buckington " Harold said.

"Tom. Tom Wachowski." Tom said as they shook hands.

"Wait, the Wachowski? You're related to George Wachowski." he asked.

"Yep. He was my father." Tom said. 

"Dude your father was a legend here, the best police officer here. It's such an honor to meet a Wachowski here." Harold said excitedly. 

"Yeah, I guess I'll get a lot of attention here, today." Tom said.

The chief of police, Anthony Herringman came in to give out the orders for today.

"Alright, alright. Settle down we got a lot of work to do today. Please, listen up for your name and  who you're gonna be with. Wachowski you'll be with Buckington on legal activity duty." Herringman said.

"Alright, it's just you and me today, partner." Harold said.

"Alright, let's get to it." Herringman said as he dismissed the officers.

"Wachowski, can I have a word with you?" Chief Herringman said.

"Yes, chief." Tom said. 

"I heard you got an outstanding credits at the Academy." Chief said.

"Well I was top of my class at the Academy, and its probably because --" Tom said as the chief interrupt him.

"Your father. I know. He was one of our best officer, here. I hope I expect more from you." Chief said.

"Don't worry, sir. I won't let you down chief." Tom said.

"Very well then, dismissed." Chief said.

"Come on, partner. Let's get this show on the roll." Harold said.

"Coming." Tom exhaled as he walks into the police car.

"I'll let you drive, since its your first day." Harold said.

"Thanks, Harold that's very thoughtful of you. Well where to?" Tom said.

"Let's go get some donuts. I'm starving." Harold said.

"Donuts here we come." Tom drives off