The Race

The kids arrived at Green Hill Zones estates were homes were still under construction for the drag race. Some of them block off the area and make sure any cops don't show up. Chris and Kevin are at the starting line and put the their foot on the gas as they were ready to start their engine. 

"First one out the other side." said one of Kevin friend.

"Make it interesting, Kevin." Sarah said to Kevin from the window as she stood back from the cars.

A girl took off her bra from her shirt to start the race as the two teenagers start racing.

"Come on, Chris!" Jesse yelled.

The two were in the lead as they were racing throw the under construction houses. Chris took a shortcut to the other side and cut in front of Kevin. Kevin speed up to Chris bumper and gave him a fender bender. Kevin was in the lead again. Chris goes about 90 mph and he was in the lead again.

"What the hell?" Kevin said.

Kevin rammed Chris out of the race a couple of time as he swerved off the road and Kevin won the race. Chris windows are shattered and he got a dented hood. The kids cheered for Kevin. One of the teenagers warned everybody that the cops were coming and all of them started to scattered.

"Hey, babe. Now that you won. Can I take a drive?" Sarah said.

"Oh, you're serious? No no no. This is not a toy. This is my dad's personal car and he'll kill me for life. Why don't my little bunny just get back in the seat, just like she always do." Kevin said.

"Wow, you may won the race, but you just lost your little bunny. Bye Kevin." Sarah said as she walks away from him.

"Bye, you'll call me." Kevin said.

Chris see Sarah walking away and plans on driving her home.

"Hey dude, come on the cops are coming!" Jesse said.

"I'm taking her home." Chris said.

"What?" Jesse said.

"She lives 10 miles away from here, okay? It's my only chance." Chris said.

 "Alright you can put her in the back. I'll keep quiet." Jesse said.

"Did you just say, 'Put her in the back'?" Chris said.

"I called shotgun." Jesse said.

"You gotta get out of my car." Chris said.

"What?" Jesse said.

"Tommy, I'm begging you get out of my car." Chris said.

"But the cops are coming!" Jesse said.

"You can ask somebody else to give you ride." Chris said as Jesse got out of the car.

As Chris drives off he see Sarah walking, so he decides to give her a ride.

"Hey, Sarah! It's Chris. Chris Thorndyke. I just wanna help you out since the police are on their way. I just hope I didn't get you stranded or anything. So, listen, I was wondering if I could give you a ride home. In my car, to your house." Chris said as Sarah got in to his car.

As they drive to Sarah's house, Chris tries to communicate with her.

"So. Um.." Chris said.

"I can't believe that I waisted my time with Kevin and now I'm right here." Sarah said.

"Oh well, you can duck so nobody can see you." Chris said.

"Oh no, I didn't mean here with you. I just mean here, like, in a situation, the same situation that I'm always in. "Cause, I don't know, I just have a weakness for hot guys, for tight abs and really big arms." Sarah said.

"Well doesn't every girl?" Chris said.

"We have classes together don't we?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, Mr. Wayne class and we had classes in elementary school in History, Math, Arts, English and Science." Chris said.

"Chris? Chris Thorndud." Sarah said.

"Thorndyke." Chris corrected her.

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you before." Sarah said.

"Oh, no, it's cool. I mean that's understandable. You know, if Kevin's such a jerk, why do you hang out with him." Chris said.

"You know, I'm just gonna walk." Sarah said.

"Oh no no. I'm sorry if I offended you or something. You know I'm just gonna stop talking." Chris said as he drives to Sarah house as they made it, Sarah gets out of the car and said, "Hey, um thanks for the ride. I had fun."

"Oh, yeah, yeah." Chris nodded.

"Do you... think I'm shallow?" Sarah asked.

"Do I think you're... No, no, no. I think there's a lot more than meets the eye with you." Chris said.

"Okay. All right, I'll see you at school." Sarah said.

"All right." Chris said.

"Goodbye." Sarah smiled as she got out of the car.

"That was stupid of me to say that. 'There's more than meets the eye.' Cheesy. God, what a day." Chris said to himself as he drives off.

As Chris drives home he was pulled over by the police.

"Oh god, not now." Chris said as he pulled to the side of the road and turn off his engine.

The two police men turns out to be Tom and Harold.

"Please put your hands on both wheels." Tom ordered as they both walked in with a flashlight.

"Young man, have you been drinking?" Harold said.

"Oh no sir, I haven't." Chris said.

"Well, your car looks like it just got in a big wreak. Can you step out of the car, please." Tom said.

"Okay, listen. It's not what you think okay.. I..." Chris tries to explain, but Tom put him in handcuffs and put him in the back of the police car.

They took Chris to the station and Chris father, Daniel came to pick him up.

"Is this your kid?" Tom asked Daniel.

"Yeah, my son Christopher." Daniel said.

"Well, it turns out your son was part of a drag racing with some other kids. You might wanna call your insurance guy, 'cause Christopher here, got a little damage on his car." Harold said.

"I'm sure you'll pay this off." Tom said.

"Oh, we will." Daniel said.

"Well, you're free to go. Y'all have a nice night." Tom said as he let Chris go and leave with his father.

On their way home, Chris car is being towed to the house and him and his father had a talk.

"You know its your responsibility to get that car fix." Daniel said.

"Yeah, I know that. I'm sorry I'll try to pay the damaged off." Chris said.

"Yeah you will. It will cost most of your college funds. And as a matter of fact, until you pay it off, you won't be able to drive it for awhile and your ground for a week." Daniel said.

"Dad, but.." Chris said.

"No buts and I mean it! End of conversation." Daniel said.

As they drove to their driveway,  Chris open the front door and his mother, Caroline wonder what's going on.

"Hey, what.. What happened?" Caroline wondered.

"Our son, was part in a drag race and got a fender bender." Daniel explained.

"Tell me you ground him." Caroline said.

"Oh, I did." Daniel said.

"Good job, honey. I love you." Caroline said as they watch Chris go up to his room.