CHAPTER 12

SAVANNAH'S POV:
Sparks flew the moment our lips collided. I felt fuzzy for no apparent reason, all of a sudden. He pulled away and an irritated look crossed his features.

I knew I wasn't his first kiss but I was somewhat happy that he was mine.

The ceremony continued in full swing.

Adam introduced me to his business partners and everytime one of them complimented me, he tightened his hold on my waist.

Diana, his mother, took me to meet some of their relatives and they were nice people contrasting to how I imagined them to be, snobbish and arrogant.

It was time for father daughter dance and the floor cleared to give us enough room.

Holding my father's arm, we stepped on the floor.

I was stiff and kept quiet. He probably noticed it because I could feel his gaze on me all the time.

I met his eyes and saw longing and pain in them for the first time.

"Are you okay?" I asked not letting my voice betray me.

"I have failed you." he spoke, each word marinated in regret.

The song ended after a while and I stepped back, smiling politely at him.

"Yes you did." I said and he gulped.

Giving him one last nod, I walked away.

"Can I have this dance?" A voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to see Zach grinning from ear to ear.

"Sure." I placed my hand in his outstretched one.

"Savannah, he's not a bad person at heart. I know you can mould him to your accord. Just.. Just please give him time. Bear with him. Don't give up. " he pleaded

"Don't worry." I threw him a small smile.

"I'm stealing her." Someone said and swiveled me around.

I came face to face with a handsome, young guy who looked oddly familiar with ... Adam?

"Hello milady" he spoke kissing my knuckles.

A huge giggle erupted from the back of my throat making him smile like a child.

"I'm Andrew, your husband's brother. You can call me Drew." he said cheekily.

I pinched his cheeks and nose.

"Aw, you're adorable." I cooed but he swat my hand away.

"I'm handsome not adorable. I have a reputation, please." he whispered making me laugh for the first time this evening.

"Nice to meet you, Drew." I ruffled his hair and he fake glared at me.

"Adam's a lucky man. I can already tell that." he smiled genuinely at me.

Before I could speak, the announcement for bride and groom dance took place.

Oh God.

My eyes scanned the crowed and from my peripheral view, I saw Adam walking towards me.

"Good luck with him. He's a nice man." I nodded at Drew who left as soon as Adam approached me.

He put his hand forth and I took it, reluctantly.

'Give me love' by Ed Sheeran blasted through the speakers.

My eyes widened and I searched around for one particular person who was behind it. Only Nate knew it was my favorite song. Not even Anne.