CHAPTER 50

SAVANNAH'S POV: 

It had been a few months since that awful night and I took Elijah to visit Nate the next morning. Needless to say, the kid shocked me when he said and I quote, "Don't worry mommy, he is safe up there with my parents."  After that, he hugged me so tight telling me it will be all okay and that he will buy me ice-cream.

Adam and I fell in love with each other and him a little more every passing day and I was absolutely ecstatic when Anne and Adrian came to New York with their little baby girl, Natasha, and told me that they are here to stay until my delivery. The house had been happy ever since.

Drew and Sam are getting married a month after my delivery which is due in a week and Ashton had been coming to meet me with his wife regularly. I still haven't talked to my adoptive parents because there is no point. It's done and dusted. I don't even know who they are anymore.

About Nate's parents, I met them last week because of Adam's persistence. I told them that they can meet their grandchildren if they like but not me. I mean they can of course see me but should not expect anything from me. I have gone twenty five years of my life without having parents, I will do just fine for the rest as well. Besides, I have my own family to look after now and I plan to give them everything I did not have. They will never miss their father's or mother's presence, ever.

I had taken a four month leave from hospital and today was my last day there. My staff was sad but they became happy instantly when they realized that they would get to see a little baby soon. I know the gender but I haven't told Adam, he said he wanted a surprise so surprise is what he'll get.

"What are you thinking?" Adam asked circling his arms around my stomach.

"About how much things have changed in just a year." I responded and he hummed nuzzling his head in my neck.

"I am happy, Ronan. So happy." I whispered looking ahead at the panoramic view of city at night time.

He pulled back and smiled down at me, "Me too, baby. Thank you for coming into my life." he said and kissed my temple.

I closed my eyes and leaned back in the warmth of his chest gazing at the beautiful city lights.

"You changed me so much, my entire life was turned upside down as soon as you stepped in this house. In a good way, though. You know, when I first saw you at Anne's wedding, I was speechless. You looked so breathtakingly beautiful and your smile, your damn smile is what dazed me. Your body moved with so much grace, when you danced, that I thought I was in some other world. I hated myself for looking at you like that but I couldn't help. And then at the engagement, I swear red had never looked so beautiful before. You were the most gorgeous bride but I was a dick to not admit that. You made me fall in love with you yet you did nothing. I am the happiest man alive today all because I have you by my side." he spoke lovingly.

"Ronan, when I flew back here after attending Anne's wedding, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Your eyes, they are so beautiful. So captivating. I could have sworn I felt something for you the moment our eyes connected. I had no idea I was marrying you but when I found out, deep down, very deep down, I felt a flutter of happiness but circumstances did not allow me to dwell on it too much. As the time passed, I was used to getting hurt by you as well but then you'd show up and do something nice randomly like taking care of me when I had fever or when I was on my period. You confused me but I knew that you were confused yourself. And look where our confusions brought us today. Together, after all the hardships, you and I have finally moved on and created one beautiful family. I love you." I smiled still looking at the beautiful city.

"I love you, too." he whispered after a while.

"Elijah had adjusted so well with the family. He even loves Anne and Adrian already." I stated.