CHAPTER 36

ADAM'S POV:

I shout Amelia's name and pull her towards me stepping away and turning us around in order to prevent her from any injuries.

"Are you okay?" I ask pulling away from her.

She nods still trying to recover from the initial shock of what had taken place.

"How?" she whispered.

"I have no idea." I say and sit her down on the couch.

My eyes follow the mess that the broken chandelier has made on the floor. Tiny shards of glass scattered all across the marble.

"Is everybody alright?" I ask looking at the people present in the room.

My expressions morph into confusion when I saw hard glares on their faces.

"Wh-" I was about to ask but Amelia's voice interrupts me.

"Savannah. Where is she?" she asks. Her eyes searching frantically for her.

The colors from my face drain finally realizing what I had done.

"Where is she?" I ask looking at Nate who remains impassive.

A loud thudding of boots was heard and I saw Zach climbing down the stairs in a hurry. I didn't even get time to process anything before he lunged forward punching me square in the jaw.

"You cunt." he barked and landed another throw.

He was aiming to go at it again but I stopped his wrist mid way.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask furiously.

"What? What the hell is wrong with me? Fucking hell. What the hell is wrong with you? You have a fucking wife who had been putting up with your shit for the last couple of months and you still care about this whore who went and spread her legs for another man that too in your apartment? Dumb fuck. She doesn't love you, never did. You're so fucking blind. And to think you've changed." he scoff at the end.

Anger, guilt and frustration coursed through my body.

"Where is she?" I ask again.

"Been taken care of." He bitterly spits and leaves the room.

I run a hand through my hair and without sparing anyone a glance, make my way upstairs.

Opening the door to my room, I find Savannah sitting on the arm chair with her legs stretched on the coffee table.

She was only wearing a t-shirt. Her eyes snap towards mine and a familiar feeling of guilt overcomes me as I see her puffy eyes and flushed face.

My gaze further travels down towards her legs to find a thin layer of bandage wrapped on her right calf and some ointment applied on the left one.

Fuck.

I walk towards her, all the while her scrutinizing gaze settled on me making me feel somewhat nervous. It never happened before.

Maybe because I knew I made a mistake.

I finally will myself to look up in her grey steely orbs that had the same questioning and calculating look in them.

I love her eyes, I love how warm they always are. So kind. So forgiving. I don't deserve her.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper quietly.

A feeling of immense sadness settling in the pit of my stomach making me want to get rid of it at once.

"For what?" her voice is hoarse from all the crying she's done.