CHAPTER 44

ADAM'S POV:

You familiar with the feeling you get when you know you are about to lose something? Or in my case rather someone. Because that is the exact feeling I was experiencing right now. Today was supposed to be a grieving day given the circumstances instead it turned out to be a disaster.

The information supplied by Ben and Nora was absolutely too much to digest. No one standing in this room at the moment can even begin to think what it must be for Savannah. If I was in her place, I would have been completely shattered.

For her, it is a hundred times worse. Her entire life had practically been a complete lie. She is not only grieving Nate today but also how everything turned out for her.

"Is she not happy with you?" Somebody whispered from beside me.

I looked to my left to see Ashton looking at me with a calculating gaze.

"She seemed to be till the day before yesterday." I replied.

I just wanted nothing more than to comfort her for as long as it will take for her to get fine and smile again. I wanted to tell her about Amelia weeks ago, but I could not due to what happened afterwards.

I think Nate was right, I really do love her. And I realised it today and here when she asked me if I still had any feelings left for Amelia. I wanted to shout and say no. But I was utterly taken off guard. I never thought she would ask me such a thing.

"Then why are you still standing here and not chasing her?" he asked back.

"Because she needs space. From all of us. Following her at the moment is not a good idea. I will let her be for a while before I go searching for her. Today is simply too much for her." I replied shakily.

I was worried for her, it is true but I also knew she did not need anyone around her right now. Although, if Nate was here, she would have ran to him. But if he was here, it all would never have happened in the first place.

I looked at Zach to see him leaning against the wall with his gaze directed on his shoes. As if sensing my eyes, he looked up and I nodded at him first, then at the door. He nodded back and we both walked out but not before patting Ashton on his back.

As soon as we both settled in my car, I put my head in my hands trying to control all the emotions that were threatening to break through the surface. Zach rubbed my back and started the engine.

"Adam-" he started but I cut him off.

"I hurt her, man. Just like everybody else in her life. I feel like shit. You were right, I am regretting everything I did to her in the start of our marriage. I-I love her, Zach... and I do not want to lose her." I said quietly as a tear rolled down my left cheek.

He sighed loudly before glancing at me for a second. "Then treasure her, man. Treasure her like you could not in the start. Tell her you are sorry and she will forgive you just like that. Savannah.. she is an amazing woman inside and out." he spoke softly.

"I love her." I repeated.

"I am going to go home now and you will find her once I drop myself off." he said.

I nodded silently and looked out of the window. Where could she have gone?

Zach stopped outside his condo and got off before giving me a side hug. I shifted to the driver's seat and reversed out of his driveway.

Due to heavy rain, I was driving slower than usual. I just hoped that she was somewhere safe. I wanted her in my arms now to hold and cherish her forever, to fulfill all the vows for the rest of my life.