CHAPTER 34

SAVANNAH'S POV:

"You'll tell me, right?" Nate asks with uncertainty lacing his voice.

"Yes Nate, I will. Now, goodnight." I say and push him in the direction of his room.

I turn sighing and find Adam leaning against the door frame with narrowed eyes.

"What?" I ask approaching him.

He shakes his head and motions me to come inside the room. He closes the door behind us and I walk towards my suitcase placed on the floor in the corner of the suite.

"What was Nate saying?" Adam asks as I pick out the black silk nightwear I packed on the top.

"He was asking if I am okay." I reply and turn around to see his curios gaze settled on me.

"My family.." I awkwardly trail. 

We haven't really discussed that topic, him knowing is absurdly enough. I don't need anyone's pity. Moreover, I just don't want to repeat the past over and over.

"Oh." he replies.

I start walking towards the bathroom and open the door to find both a Jacuzzi and a shower. A shower will do for now since I'm tired.

We landed in Bora Bora two hours ago and it is night time here. Tomorrow we'll gather for breakfast and carry on with our activities. Zach, Anne and Adrian had accompanied us too.

We flew in two private jets; one was Adam's the other's was Nate's. I flew with Nate, his family and Anne. Adam was mad, to say the least.

But I was just avoiding my family, that's it. 

Changing into clean clothes, I walked out and slipped under the covers where Adam was already lying, using his phone.

"Goodnight." I say and turn to my side.

"You know I would always  protect you, right?" he says turning off the lamp.

I frown and don't answer. The next second, I am pulled in a hard chest making me gasp. He tightens his hold on me and buries his face in my hair.

"I know."  I whisper but he's already fast asleep.

Not only me but we both slept peacefully that night.

----

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of water running. I rub my eyes and peel them open, turning around to see the bed empty.

My head snaps up when I hear a door being closed. Adam is standing there with a towel hanging loosely on his waist.

"Done checking me out?" he asks and I look up  to see amusement dancing in his beautiful orbs.

I gulp and look away as I feel heat creeping up on my neck. His laughter booms in the room making me smile.

"I'll shower." I state awkwardly and get up making my way towards the bathroom without waiting for his reply.

After doing my business, I wrap a towel around my body when it hit me that I haven't brought any clothes inside.

"Crap." I curse under my breath.

I peek out of the door to see the coast clear and quietly tip toe outside. Thankfully, he's not in sight.

I pick out a mint green. lace, sleeveless sundress and quickly slip in my undergarments before wearing the dress.

 lace, sleeveless sundress and quickly slip in my undergarments before wearing the dress