5 LOVE

All of a sudden we hear a growl and when we turn around in the doorway stands Jacob.  "Get your hands off Bella now Paul she doesn't need you to take advantage of her."  "Jacob stop I am Paul's imprint."  "I don't care he knows how I feel about you."  I look at Paul "give me a moment alone with him."  "Bella I don't like this, I don't know if I can trust him."  "I know Paul but I have to make sure he understands and he will not listen if you or anyone for that matter is in the same room."  "Are you sure?"  "You heard her get the fuck out now."  Glaring at Jake "stop it now or you can get the fuck out of my house."  I glance at Paul wrapping my arms around him "I am sure.  Remember we are best friends and no one knows Jacob better than me."  "OK but if he so much as touches you..."  "I know Paul I will keep my distance."  As Paul walks out the door he glares at Jacob "touch my mate and I will end you, Black."  "Whatever Lahoot."  "Jake stop."  Paul walks out leaving the door open only to have Jacob close and lock the door. 

"Jake, why did you lock the door?"   "Because I want to hold you Bella and I know if Paul sees he will be pissed."  "Jake no.  We both know that Paul will be extremely possessive of me until he marks me.  Right now he is waiting until I feel better being left practically at the altar."  "So, you just believe him."  "Jake I have always felt drawn to Paul I just didn't realize it was because I was his imprint.  I believed it was because he was hot and dangerous.  The last couple of days I realized it was much more.  Especially since he would hold me while I cried."  "Why now Bella?"  "I think it is because before we never really spoke or paid attention to each other.  We both had an understanding that he didn't like me because of Dickward so he would stay away and I would respect him by leaving him alone."  "So, again you choose someone else over me."  "Jake I don't love you in that way."  "In what way then Bella?  In what way do you love me?"  "I love you like a brother."  "How would you know?  We have never even kissed.  We have never gone out on a date."  I look at Jake "because when I am with you my heart doesn't soar.  I do not think of you all the time and imagine you holding me and kissing me."  "Well, let's see about that."

Before I even know what is happing Jake has me in his arms and is about to press his lips to mine when I shove him hard and he falls hitting his head on the shelf that was behind him.  As he drifts off to unconsciousness I run to the door throwing it open "SAM PLEASE GET UP HEAR AND COME ALONE!"  When Sam walks in I close the door "what happened Bells?"  "He was upset when he found out that Paul is my mate."  "OK, then what happened."  "He told me he wanted to hold me.  I admitted that I have always been drawn to Paul and thought it was because he was hot and dangerous.  I never realized it was the mating pull.  I didn't start to realize this until these last couple of days because Paul and I have actually spent time together talking and him holding me while I cried."  "OK"  "I explained how Paul said he wanted me healed before marking me."  "Well, I am glad he is waiting."  "I told Jake I loved him like a brother."  "OK good you were upfront but that doesn't explain this Bella."   "I am getting to that I know you would tell me to start at the beginning"  "OK keep going."  "He tells me how would I know if we never kissed.  Before I knew what was happening Jake pulled me against him and tried kissing me.  I pushed him off and well..."  I motion my arms towards Jacob "I think between me pushing him and him fighting me he hit his head on the bookcase."  

"This is not going to be good when Paul finds out."  "I know it is not like we can keep it a secret."  "Not to mention that Paul will ask you why you called me up here alone and closed the door and no matter how hard you try even though he has not marked you yet you can't lie to him."  "Is that why I answer his questions so quickly without hesitating?"  "Yep, even we can't lie to each other."  "What why not?"  "Because when I found you and saved you my wolf formed a bond with you so I can know if you need me that is why it didn't take me long to get here.  I was waiting down the hall because I felt your anxiety.  Paul is just outside in the hall."  "Damn so he heard everything."  "Yep, and he has been growling but I gave him an order to stay out till we call him."  "Sam I don't want Paul to kill Jake.  I am mad at him for trying to kiss me but I don't want him hurt."  "I know but the problem lies with Jake.  Let's take this somewhere else."  "Ok, let's go to Carlile's old office."

Once we get into the office and I close the door looking at Paul I smile he smiles back and I can tell he is pissed.  As soon as the door is closed Sam continues "See he can challenge Paul for you."  "Does it mean I have to be with Jake."  "No, it just means Jake can make Paul stay away from you if he wins."  "If he does that Sam I will not forgive him.  Wait what if Paul wins?"  "He can do the same to Jacob and he becomes my second."  "OK. What is it I feel as if there is more."  "Since Jake is Ephram Blacks rightful air he can claim his alpha spot."  "What I thought you were the alpha now?"  "Yes, but I only accepted it with the condition if he wanted it back I would step down."  "Shit, then Jake can give him the alpha command to stay away from me."  "Yes, and he could even force Paul to leave La Push and Forks to never see you or contact you again."  "Sam I won't let that happen."  "Bella you will have no control.  The only way would be for Paul to leave the pack emotionally severing the tie and that would be painful for him.  Not as painful as staying away from you but painful plus it would drive him insane not having his pack brothers and sister in his head."  "Well, let's hope Jake doesn't do any of these scenarios."

Sam looks up and I know he is receiving a mind link from someone.  "Jake is awake let's go talk to him."  We walk back into the room where Jake is but not before I give Paul a quick peck on the lips.  "Bella if I have to I will challenge Paul for you or better yet become the alpha and make him stay away from you."  I look at Sam as I hear growls throughout the house "Jake if you do any of those things I will never speak to you again and I will leave La Push and Forks forever."