9 MY GUARDIAN

For those of you who have met him and know his story, you all know that Jasper is the most feared vampire in all existence. I turn to Phil, my mom, and Brenda Jasper in al intensive purposes is Dicward's or should I say was Edward's brother. I say was because since Ares, and the Major have declared war on Dickward that connection no longer exists. Jasper was changed back during the civil war to fight a different war a vampire war where vampires fought for feeding grounds. Because Jasper can control peoples emotions, he was of use to his maker, and she put him in charge of newborns to help control their blood lust. This was a blessing, and a curse to Jasper since he was also put in charge of killing said newborns when they reached their one year mark since their strength begins to wain." "OK, we understand about newborns Bella sweety." I look at Phil and nod. "Ok, well Jasper became close to Peter his captain and blood brother since Maria changed Jasper and Jasper changed Peter." "I know her our pack took her out a while ago since she refused to live by the Volturi's new laws." I nod and see relief on Peter's face smiling. I turn to Peter "I guess you three will no longer have to worry about her coming after you if you all cross paths." "Yeah, that is good."

"When it came time to kill Peter Jasper was able to convince Maria to spare him because...Peter I know you hate calling it a gift but for the sake of the explanation that is what I am calling it." "Fine little bit but only because it is you and your, my sister." I nod to Peter "as I was saying Jasper convinced Maria to spare Peter's life since his gift is of telling the future. Now the Cullens have their own fortune teller in Alice, but Alice's visions are subjective if a person changes their minds their future changes. While Peter's doesn't, which is why he is here. He saw two outcomes when the Volturi arrived all of us dead if he left us alone or all of us alive with his help." I look at everyone as they nod "eventually it was Charlottes turn to be killed little did Jasper know that she was Peter's mate. Peter stood between Charlotte and Jasper and begged Jasper to let them go, and he did. Eventually, they both returned and helped Jasper escape, and Peter sent him in search of Alice. Alice, in turn, showed him the vegetarian diet as they made their way to the Cullens. If you look up Jasper Whitlock, you will see all he accomplished in the civil war. Unfortunately, because of him being an empath he developed alter ego's The Major who is strong and ruthless but does have a heart and can be reasoned with then there is the true horror that is Jasper, and that is Ares and yes as in the God of War. Ares only cares for those individuals important to Jasper and the Major. If he feels that you will hurt someone they care about he will kill you without a second thought there is no reasoning with Ares protecting those he cares about is of utmost importance. That is why even though for about fifty years Jasper has cared for and treated Dickward as his brother I know they no longer consider him one since they are on their way to kill Dickward to protect me."

"There is a reason for that little one." I turn to Aro "Yes Aro" "Marcus please tell her what you found out and discussed with the Major." Marcus nodded "I noticed a familiar bond with Jasper's mate when you visited us in Volterra and I wanted to know more since it didn't seem strong. As I did my research, I discovered your mother is a descendant of the Whitlock family. It turns out that your great great grandmother was Jasper's sister. That is why Jasper puts you above young Edward. When I explained my discovery to the Major, he asked for us not to tell you unless a situation like this were to arise. He admitted to always feeling a connection with you and didn't understand why. He was afraid that you were his mate and that it would cause problems in the family. I assured him that Alice was his mate and he was relieved because at the time he thought that young Edward was going to follow through on his promise to you."

I hung my head "this makes four promises he has broken to me." Paul wraps his arms around me "what do you mean." "The first promise was that he loved and would stay with me. He promised me that after Arizona well he did say until it was no longer good for me. That is why I forgave him. The second promise was when he left saying I would never see them again. You all know how that turned out. I guess you all can figure out the last two promises." Paul nods "yeah, him never leaving you again and yet he did and then promising to stay away and let you live your life and yet he is on his way here." I look up at Paul "I don't want him here. Why did Tonya have to tell him about you."

All of a sudden I hear "because she thought with you out of the picture she could have Dickward." I turn and see Elizar and the rest of the Delani's with the exception of Tonya. "We came here as soon as we knew Tonya had told Dickward about your mate. I had a feeling Dickward would not take to lightly to you moving on period and I knew it would be worse since your mate is a shifter." Kate steps forward and reaches out to me, and when I go to her she hugs me close "he yelled that you were supposed to fall in love with a human to have a normal life. I don't think he realized we could hear, but he mumbled: "that way if I change my mind I can still get her back." Irina starts to speak "that is why we left the Cullen's. We heard Carlile tell the others to stay out of it and let the pack handle this but..." Elizar shakes his head "I heard him whisper to Tonya that they were going to start a newborn Army and contact Maria." I smirk "What is the smirk for Bella; he is creating a newborn army and seeking help from Maria Jasper's sire." I look at Phil as I hear "because my pack killed her three months ago on the orders of the Volturi." Elizar smiles "well then he is on his own."

We hear a loud growl "not to mention he doesn't have Jasper to control them. I will end him, Bella, no one hurts our family." I watch Jasper stalk to me and lift me in his arms. "You are our family, and I will not let anyone hurt you." I look at Jasper and watch Peter shake his head at everyone "Major I am here to protect your family. I will contact my mate to help you." "Captain good." I look up at Jasper "Uhm Major when did Ares leave." "He was tired and let me take control. He doesn't want Jasper in control because he is too soft." I nod and wiggle "Oh, sorry Bella." He places me down "It is just that we missed our sister. Well, I should say, great-great grandniece." I smile "not a problem Major." "I understand you have a mate." "Yes, Major." "I want to meet him." I nod, and motion for Paul to come over as Paul wraps his arms around my waist I smile up at him "Uhm Paul as you know this is not Jasper even though he looks..." "Bella babe I can tell there is a difference The Major carries himself differently than Jasper. I guess you can say he carries himself like a soldier."

I watched as my mate and The Major got to know each other and I look at Peter he motions for me to follow him and I nod "I will be right back." I follow Peter to Carlile's office "Ok I know this room is sound proof and I brought you here incase you don't want anyone to know what I am about to say." I nod "Ok Peter." "From this moment forward the Major, Ares and Jasper will protect the pack because of you." "Ok Peter why don't I want the pack to know that." "No, that is not it little bit." I look at him "what is it then Peter?" "You need to let Paul mark you." "What? Why do I need to do that?" "Because it will change your scent. It would be better if you..." "Peter..." I feel myself blush and I can't help but hide my face in his chest. I feel him chuckle "Little bit you have to know all the wolves, shifters and vampire's out there can smell your innocence." "Yeah, but your telling me I should lose it as soon as possible." "It would be better. You know that Paul can't hurt you and that he will be the one you marry and have pups with in the future." "yeah the future." "The point is that if you mate with Paul or at least let him bite you it will spead up your change causing your blood to smell diffrent. You will smell like a wolf and what did the Cullens say about the pack?" "That they stunk. That they smelled like wet dog." "Exactly that way you will no longer be Dicward's singer. Didn't think I knew about that did you." "No I did duh your the all seeing Yoda."

I sent Peter out and asked him to send Paul in to talk to me. As I waited for Paul I was nervous on how I was going to tell him what Peter said to me. When Paul walked in and pulled me into his arms I heard him growl. "You were in that leaches arms why?" "He made me embarassed." "About what?" I look up at Paul and take a deep breath "He...damn I don't know how to tell you." I let my head drop as I try to think how to tell Paul what Peter has told me." He lifts my head up so I have to look him in the eye's "are you giving up on us?" I look at him and instantly wrap my arms around him pressing my lips to his as he pulls me in closer deepenning the kiss. "No, never Paul. I know now I love you." "As I love you my Isabella." I smile at him "So, what did Peter tell you that embarrased you so I can decide if we need to kill him." While I am thinking I feel Paul chuckle and I look at him. "Sam says that Peter said don't worry you will love what I said to Your Isabella." I chuckle and smile "Stupid mind link. Ok, Peter thinks that I should let you at least mark me." I feel him stiffen "Now wait and don't jump to conclusions. He says that you marking me will help speed up my shift so my blood will no longer call to Dickward."

I gulp and try to proced when Paul picks up my head "we will not mate until you are ready Isabella. I want your first time our first time to be special not because we are preparing for battle. As for marking you if you want me to I am willing on one condition." I look up at him "what condition is that?" "If you do shift will you mark me in return?" I couldn't help but smile "Please Isabella I will be the first wolf if not the only wolf in our pack to be marked since I have imprinted on a fellow wolf." I grin "Hmmm....Let me see..."