Three

~B.~

It's been a week here and I've learned everyone's names.

Beard- Leonardo
Curly top- Dean
Hispanic- Caesar

We know Mathew and Frankie. I also learned that one or the other's family had owed the Milano's money. While joining they gained Marcello's trust and Leo was his right hand man.

Others were just born into it, I don't know all of their stories. Just that they've all been through many things and many losses.

I also met a wonderful woman by the name of Catalina. She was Leonardo's mother and took care of all the boys. I enjoyed her company a lot.

Right now I was sat across from Marcello in his throne. Well the chair at his desk, that damn near replicated a thrown. A throne for the king of the mafia.

"I need to know if you recognize any of the men in these files." Marcello has been very brief with me lately. Ever since my snapping at him, I didn't seem to be his favorite person. That didn't stop his eyes from always being on me.

I got up so I could look at the pictures next to him.

The tense silence between us ate away at me while I passed on many pictures.

Up until Rick.

"There's the murderer," I said quietly to myself more than anything.

"I'm sorry, he wasn't supposed to be in the file Bella."

I shrugged, "I see him every day in my nightmares. What's the difference." Marcello places a hand on my lower back and sat me on the arm of his chair. I looked down to meet his gaze.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch a couple days ago. But I'm not sorry for telling you to send me home. I'm tired of being a burden, Marcello. I'm not anyone's problem so please tell mystery man to leave me alone."

"Even if he did leave you alone that doesn't mean I would."

Shock took over my face, "Mia bella you're not going anywhere."

My breath hitched at his declaration and I didn't know how to react, his face was suddenly oh so close to mine. I couldn't find it in myself to move away, like a moth to a flame.

I flinched when the door opened loudly, Leonardo came flying in. I slipped off the chair in a panic so I didn't look like a whore.

I squeaked when my butt hit the floor, Marcello smirked down at me. His hands reached down and yanked me up into his lap.

"Uh, M-Marcello Leo has stuff to say," I tried to get up but his burly arms were locked around my waist. Turning my burning face towards Leo who looked mighty amused. I held onto his forearm before looking at our messenger.

"Go on Leonardo."

"Well, Stefan wants to meet Belle at a banquet. Black tie only, it's an hour and a half away. You'd have to leave in the next two hours because it starts tonight at eight. We booked a hotel room for you two."

That was a lot of information at once, I slumped back while raking through it. Stefan was the mystery man. A stupid banquet for god knows what.

I turned to look at Marcello to see him already staring at me.

"Well we'd better get ready, I'm sure Catalina has a dress already picked out.
~
Catalina did have a dress picked out. Marcello and I stared at it and I had to pick my jaw up.

Goodness gracious it was beautiful.

"It's so nice," I said quietly to myself while running my fingers down the beige, nudish color

It was an a-line with an open back, that reached the floor.

My happiness came crashing down when I realized my scar would be showing. The place aches just thinking about it. I went through great lengths to cover it.

Marcello could see the discomfort on my face, "what's the matter?"

It kind of sounded like he was forcing himself to ask out of common courtesy.

I subconsciously pressed my hand against the healed wound, "is there a jacket I could wear with it?"

"No! That would ruin the entire outfit are you crazy?" Catalina ranted and I forced a smile before nodding.

"Silly me," I muttered. Marcello's eyes drifted to my hand before his widened in realization. I dropped my hand, registering that I gave myself away.

I grabbed the dress and headed to my room quickly but not before thanking both of them.

I sighed while I undressed. I wouldn't be able to wear a bra with this.

I showered and shaved everything while deciding to leave my hair down.

Makeshift bangs hung in my face while I applied cream to my curls. I looked at my skin and didn't feel like applying makeup. I only put concealer under my eyes, with mascara.

I stepped into my bright purple underwear before shimmying into my dress. I looked at the mirror and saw my scar clear at day. I also saw Marcello entering without knocking.

Hershel jumped from the bed to rub on his legs making him frown.

I chuckled quietly watching him step over the cat carefully before making his way over to me.

"There's a thing called knocking. What if I was naked."

My stomach dropped when I saw his eyes darken and scale down me. On their second round, they stopped on my scar.

"So this is what you were worried about." He spoke quietly, I nodded and looked back at it. It was slightly raised and a light pink. It was about the size of a quarter.

I bit my lip in worry before he grabbed the strings that tightened my dress since it was loose. He tied them while maintaining eye contact with me.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I asked quietly while his hands trailed up my back and across my shoulder. His fingertips grazed the tops of my breast before brushing against my scar and resting there.

"You look beautiful. And to answer your question, I'm not exactly sure why I'm nice to you. I look at you and I just," He trailed off.

"Melt," I finished for him.

"Something like that."

I was less worried about the scar right now while I took in his nice suit.

"You look very handsome."

I turned my head so Marcello and I were nose to nose, "I know."

I snickered and pushed him away playfully. A sly smile spread across Marcello's face while I grabbed his bicep. We opened the door only to be faced with Mathew.

"Oh shit, sorry I didn't realize you were leaving so soon. I just wanted to clear things up with you Belle."

I twisted my lips in thought, "Mathew, the past is the past. I can't change what happened, and we can just- start over I guess."

Relief flooded his entire face. Marcello tugged gently on me while we left to the car. I looked down at my black heals which did nothing to shorten the height difference.

That man was like the hulk in a suit, his shoulders were miles wide and his arms were defined even under his suit jacket.

Marcello has his mafia face on right now. It's kind of attractive to see him in business mode right now.

The ride was long and quiet. It wasn't uncomfortable but Marcello started going over things I need to do while at this dinner banquet.

"Stay next to me, we need to look like a couple if the men are going to leave you alone."

"What if they don't anyway?"

"They should know better than to play with what's mine."

I pursed my lips and nodded, not wanting to question him.